Frugal Wicca: Can I use a table knife as a cheaper alternative to an athame?

I'm a wiccan on a tight budget. I can't buy online coz I'm not old enough to have a credit card and there's no shop in my country that sells magickal stuff (Well, probably there's few shops but I live in a catholic country so it's probably operating underground) So can i use a table knife as... show more I'm a wiccan on a tight budget. I can't buy online coz I'm not old enough to have a credit card and there's no shop in my country that sells magickal stuff (Well, probably there's few shops but I live in a catholic country so it's probably operating underground) So can i use a table knife as an athame?
Update: I live in the Philippines. 95% of the population is catholic so i think by the statistics alone, that proves that its a catholic-dominated country. I'm 18 yrs old. I can't have a credit card 'till I'm 21.