Any ideas on jobs for a 14 year old?
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Here's a short list of jobs which you can create to generate income:
1. Learn calligraphy so that you can provide handwritten invitations and thank you notes to prospective wedding parties, birthday celebrations, etc. Seek out clients through wedding planners at nearby churches and temples. A starter calligraphy kit usually runs around $20 and anyone can easily pick up this skill. The going rate is usually $1 per hand addressed item.
2. Seek from your neighbors a gardner position which involves planting, weed removal, plant/tree trimming, light brush clearance. You will be using the neighbor's equipment and tools. Again, do not represent yourself as a lawn mower since there are any number of safety issues involved. A door-to-door solicitation of surrounding neighbors is required and you can charge between $6 to $9 per hour.
3. Offer policing/removal or clearance of trash services to surrounding neighbors which involve trash pickup within nearby residential area. Limit the extent of pickup to small areas and be aware that there are no hazardous terrain or elements involved in this process. Again, a door-to-door solicitation of neighbors is in order. You can charge between $6.75 to $7.50 per hour.
4. Acquire a set of window cleaning tools [a bucket, liquid window cleaner, sponge, squeegee, handle with an extension and a small step ladder] and solicit local businesses for your window cleaning services. However, be careful to limit the height of the window cleaning to no higher than one story. Charge $1 per window panel.
5. Visit your nearest beauty salon and ask to be trained as a shampoo person who is also willing to sweep up fallen hair on the ground and do set ups [arranging dye kits, curler holders, etc.] for a set hourly fee.
6. Become a sign flipper by contacting your nearest realtor. A flipper is someone who stands at a major intersection and flips a "For Lease/Rental" sign in order to attract visitors to an open house or to a particular real estate listing. The hourly pay is at least the minimum wage.