Is a rent to own home with no down payment or credit check a scam?

I am in Oregon and looking for a house and I came across an ad on craigslist that said 715 a month for 2 bed 2 bath home. I clicked on it and then it said rent to own no credit check no downpayment. It told me to call this 866 number and I did. I asked if the house was still available and they said yes and gave... show more I am in Oregon and looking for a house and I came across an ad on craigslist that said 715 a month for 2 bed 2 bath home. I clicked on it and then it said rent to own no credit check no downpayment. It told me to call this 866 number and I did. I asked if the house was still available and they said yes and gave me the address. They told me this house is not for rent but a rent to own so I would take over the ownership and pay the monthly morgage of 715 dollars a month. All I needed was a checking account and a credit card and 3 months of pay stubs or bank statements showing I make atleast double the mortgage each month. They said I would only have to pay a $199.00 fee to transfer the title or ownership to me and all I would do is pay $715.00. They wanted my credit card number to make sure I had established credit and said they wanted to charge the 199 to my account so they can give me all the listings of houses in the area. I told them I didnt want to charge anything to my account so they told me to call later when I talked to my husband. Can this be true or is this just a scam?