How to stop rust from getting to coolant fluid and radiator?

I have a 1991 Pontiac Firebird, 5.0L V8, automatic coupe, and i had an accident two months ago and bent the front right (passenger side) part of my frame. i had it bent back but now i am having engine problems and i don't know why. before the wreck the oil pressure stayed at a constant 30 but now it is all over... show more I have a 1991 Pontiac Firebird, 5.0L V8, automatic coupe, and i had an accident two months ago and bent the front right (passenger side) part of my frame. i had it bent back but now i am having engine problems and i don't know why. before the wreck the oil pressure stayed at a constant 30 but now it is all over the place. my AC block is cracked, so no AC... :(. but the real problem is about six weeks ago i had my radiator cleaned and i flushed my whole block for 3 hours to get all the rust out of it. it is back again. this time it only took an hour to flush but the rust causes it to have trouble starting, then will sputter die and i have to put in neutral at a light and rev the engine so it won't die, i need to know what could be causing the rust to be getting in and how i could fix/stop it because i don't have the time to flush my block every month. thanks for all the help
Update: also i have lost the gas cap which when i accelerate fast i start smelling gas and, usually when i go to fill up there is a great release of pressure from the gas tank and if there is not pressure could that be causing damage
1 answer 1