Do you think that the U.S. should out-law Pit Bull dogs?

My beautiful obedient and friendly golden retriever and I were just attacked in the park by a pit bull. My dog is injured, I'm injured. The punks and their dog ran away with the dog. I know, I know I'm buying some pepper spray. Canada has successfully outlawed pit bulls. They don't have the problem... show more My beautiful obedient and friendly golden retriever and I were just attacked in the park by a pit bull. My dog is injured, I'm injured. The
punks and their dog ran away with the dog. I know, I know I'm buying some pepper spray.
Canada has successfully outlawed pit bulls. They don't have the problem anymore. What is the purpose of this bread of dog? It's only purpose in its genetic predisposition is to attack and kill other dogs.That's the answer to my rhetorical question. The pit bull cannot be trained to NOT attack. This is the thesis/weight behind the logic of my argument. Thanks for your thoughts.
Update: Don't start calling me names. Me and my dog aren't in the mood right now. I may have to read more. But the fact is that, this was a pitbull, I looked the dog up and identified the bread. Maybe dog bans are not the solution. The dogs name "pit bull" promote ignorance for the person being bitten and... show more Don't start calling me names. Me and my dog aren't in the mood right now. I may have to read more. But the fact is that, this was a pitbull, I looked the dog up and identified the bread. Maybe dog bans are not the solution. The dogs name "pit bull" promote ignorance for the person being bitten and to people in general. I don't claim to be any brainiac, I'm just asking a question. And all the answers are very helpful in making my mind up in regard to a answer. Thank you.
Update 2: My dog was on a leash. The pit was on a leash but struggled and got loose, the collar was too loose on the other dog. The other dog bum rushed me and my dog.
Update 3: Please don't have this question deleted.
I'd like the data so I can study and come to an educated conclusion to the matter.
Update 4: My apologies, I should not have asked this question without doing more research. I can see that there a a few schools of thought in regard to BSL. Petey was a pit bull from the little rascals? lol..........I suppose it's not good to ask such a question while under emotional duress. I will let the community... show more My apologies, I should not have asked this question without doing more research. I can see that there a a few schools of thought in regard to BSL.
Petey was a pit bull from the little rascals? lol..........I suppose it's not good to ask such a question while under emotional duress. I will let the community pick the best answer, I'm afraid I am to biased to pick a best answer.