My daughter has develped a fear of buttons, what do I do?

My 2 year old for the past two weeks has developed what I believe to be a sincere fear of buttons (googled and found out its common). I don't know when this started or what brought it on but I want to know what I can do to ease this fear. Can anyone help? Extra: she will not let me come near her with any... show more My 2 year old for the past two weeks has developed what I believe to be a sincere fear of buttons (googled and found out its common). I don't know when this started or what brought it on but I want to know what I can do to ease this fear. Can anyone help?

Extra: she will not let me come near her with any shirts with buttons or with any jewelry that looks like buttons (can be coin shaped-especially does not like my beaded jewelry). She tells me "Mommy I don't like the buttons" or "Mommy I don't like you(r) earrings".
Update: Thanks for the answers. Some good, some bad, some increeeeeeeeeedibly stupid....but thanks all! I am not goint to take buttons off of things. That's not reasonable for me as I work a job that requires business dress (suits, suit shirts, polos on casual days, etc.). The craft ideas are GREAT! We are in a... show more Thanks for the answers. Some good, some bad, some increeeeeeeeeedibly stupid....but thanks all!

I am not goint to take buttons off of things. That's not reasonable for me as I work a job that requires business dress (suits, suit shirts, polos on casual days, etc.). The craft ideas are GREAT! We are in a craft store once a month, I don't know why I did not think of that! Thanks all!

Side note I should have said she does not WANT me to come near her instead of she won't LET me come near her. The wording could seem like I give into her but she KNOWS Mommy is the boss.