Should I start dating again? (divorce,kids,work ect.)?

Basically, me and my now-ex husband have Been divorced for 1 year and 4 months now. And well, I have 3 girls. A 9 year old (ellie), 7 year old (carla), and 3 year old (mia). I work as a family consultant, full time. I have time for kids, work, socialising eg. I was wondering if I should start dating. I mean my ex has a girlfriend and she's pregnant. I'm not trying to get back at my ex. I'm just wondering if I should start dating.

I asked my eldest child. She said, that she'll be OK if I start dating. But, she would like to get to know the guy. Also I asked my youngest girls. They understood a bit, they said yes and no at the same time.

Please help me.............Bye,

Lizz xoxo

• Pancho
    Favorite Answer

You can start dating now, but I suggest meeting different guys for a casual coffee or something benign and discover yourself what it is you want and don't want in a man. No need to introduce them to your girls (or your house for that matter) until you find the one with right chemistry for something deeper.

Just keep in mind that there are plenty of fish in the sea, and don't settle with the first Joe to come along. You also have to rediscover yourself apart from your ex, you're a new entity and you can change your role in life- don't be a doormat if you were one before.

Source(s): been there, done that

Hey Lizz

I started dating about the same time after a marriage ended. There isn;t anybody that can say when you ready , after all you are you and you are unique. So how to meet somebody, the rules still apply sweet, men follow their little heads and they will give you enough flannel to get their hands on your goodies. ( I am a man). I think that the most important thing is don't introduce any of them to your lovely daughters. I have a ten year old and I think she has met one of six women that I have dated and I am still with her, she never even met the women I dated who had a horse much to my daughters disappointment. It can be very confusing for their emotions. Just get the girls settled with the baby sitter and go for a drink, it is after all a drink only, not a marriage proposal.. enjoy the attention, feel like a women again, enjoy the excitement, the dressing up, the nerves and have fun. Remember no one says he's mr right even though he may believe his own BS. For me I prefer dating with women that have kids, they are more mature and they know never to ask you to choose, they have patience and stretch marks and I know they have stretch marks so if the lights are on nobody will be embarrassed ....ha ha. Just remember that you are a beautiful women and you don't need a dad for your daughters. Have fun.

My mom started dating a guy about a year after her divorce from my dad and i was six at the time and that was really hard for me just b/c of all the change and when you are that age you dont understand that your parents want relationships just as mush as anyone else. If your kids say its okay then I think it should be ok but try to be very sensitive to their reactions to it. Just a warning, I was very mean toward my moms boyfriend back then b/c I was so upset, so its possible that their reaction may not be great.

Why the heck not? You've been divorced for a while now, you've spoken to the girls and they're okay with it, the younger girls are probably too little to understand. There's no reason your dates have to meet the kids until it looks like it might be going somewhere (just a suggestion, dating is crazy and you don't want them to meet any of the guys who seem nice but you realize halfway through dinner that he's a nutter!)

Best of luck to you!

If you're tired of spending money on products through the night time thinking you'll receive anywhere, and you never do then you need to know that there are always a better practices, practices that you will discover in this book https://tr.im/2yvzZ .

Tao of Badass teaches you how understanding women because, this way you are not only will get that hot lady at the party but you can get any person you desire.

Tao of Badass will give you the tools to produce each person in just about any room fall deeply in love with you.

When you are with her give her your full attention. Put your phone on mute or do not disturb; don’t talk to others more than her and don’t leave her alone when you’re on a date. Read here https://tr.im/NSeqE

Of course there are other people in the room but you don’t want their attention, you want hers. If you have an attractive waitress, only look her way briefly when giving your order. You don’t want to be rude to whoever is serving your food, but don’t engage her or acknowledge her beyond what’s necessary. Women pay attention to these things and will appreciate that you don’t have a wandering eye. If you must leave your date’s side for a moment, give her a peck on the cheek before you leave.

• by all means yes. but i would exercise some caution in introducing someone to your girls too soon. i would at least date someone for 6 months or so before i'd even think about it. a 7 year old and a 3 year old are really not emotionally able to make that type of informed decision.

Start dating but don't bring those men home till you've dated them from 3 to 6 months. I don't want to rain on your parade but it's really hard to find a good man and you're going to kiss a lot of frogs before finding your prince charming so take it easy and keep those men at bay till you find the right one.

I think it is time to start dating again, but I wouldn't introduce anyone to the kids unless you had been dating a while and it was getting serious or had potential too at least.

• Ranger

Yes, you are about six months behind schedule. Get out there and meet some prospects. Just remember, your kids are going to be along for the ride, so it should be someone kind to kids.