What University Level Science and Engineering Fairs Are Out There?

Hi all! I'm a 3rd year Aerospace Engineering student at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. Over the years here I have participated in many clubs, competitions, and served as officers of such clubs. In one particular competition, CanSat, I helped our team take 2nd and 3rd place internationally the... show more Hi all!

I'm a 3rd year Aerospace Engineering student at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. Over the years here I have participated in many clubs, competitions, and served as officers of such clubs. In one particular competition, CanSat, I helped our team take 2nd and 3rd place internationally the last two years. Well, that's fine and dandy! But we all know that with any team you have the few people that do the work and the many people that slack, but how does the judge know who worked and who didn't? So I am looking for a competition where I can show my own ability. I am quite aware of writing journal articles as I have several on the way; I know that I can also attend conferences, however, conference papers do not look as good on a resume as journal papers because they are not peer-reviewed so I tend to spend my time on the journal papers. But I want to compete! I want to design something of my own and either write the code, simulate or build and test a test model of whatever it may be. The problem here, is that I cannot find any undergraduate level science and engineering fairs that INDIVIDUALS can participate in. I want something comparable to the Intel Science and Engineering Fair if possible, but for university students. Now I've given you my history and the whole spiel, so you all have any ideas?

Thanks!!

-James
1 answer 1