Dodgers or Cardinals?

Who will win the series?

I think the Dodgers will win the series 3-2, but it is going to be tough.

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Dodgers in 4. All the broadcasters are for the Cards unfortunately. The Dodgers have a better record and are starting at home. Last year everyone was in the tank for the Cubbies, and the Dodgers swept them, including two games at Wrigley. I witnessed the Dodgers beat up on Tim Lincicum at home, who is a Cy Young pitcher. The Dodgers can beat great pitchers at home, and will do so tomorrow.

And Kershaw has shown he can be fantastic under pressure. 10 K at home last weekend.

Most people just see Carpenter and say "Cards in 4" But you need to look at the power of Kemp and Either who will carry the Dodgers to victory.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

With the Cardinals starting the series with a well rested 1-2 punch of Carpenter of Wainwright, arguably the top 2 pitchers in the National League, expect the Dodgers to have their work cut out for them. The Cardinals are the clear cut favorite for me, i just dont see how you could possible think the Dodgers have a better chance of winning. Both have managers with success in their postseason history, both have an above average offense. But the Dodgers lack the veteran vibe that the Cardinals get from Pujols, Carpenter, and Smoltz. These three players dont even need to play in the game to effect its outcome, just being around the team increases the performance. Carpenter, Wainwright, Pineiro, Lohse, Carpenter, with the best catcher in the majors backing them up. Thats what they have coming, along with an offense led by Pujols, Holliday, and Ludwick. Its a playoff perfect team, and the Dodgers need to figure out a good game plan or they have no chance.

• jm
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Dodgers in 5

• 1 decade ago

I'm a Dodgers fan so you know who I'm gonna chose. It's going to be one tough series though, so I wish the Dodgers the best of luck.

Go Dodgers!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Based on "the record" Cardinals own the Dodgers... but who goes by those things this day and age! ;)

i like upsets so Dodgers!

• 1 decade ago

the cardinals have a far better pitching staff with carpenter and wainwright starting the first two games of the series, whereas the dodgers have been having inconsistent starting pitchers for the past few weeks.

Plus, the cardinals offense is more potently offensive now that they have Matt Holliday behind Pujols.

Also, the cardinals took the season series 5-2 (if i remember correctly).

The only thing that the dodgers have going for them is a better relief staff.... which doesn't really matter considering how many times carpenter and wainwright have gone deep into ballgames.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

DODGERS TO THE MAX! Pujols, the Cards god, hasn't done anything against us all year, which will help. The blue crew need some offense from guys like Manny and Ethier to compensate for their shaky-at-times pitching, but otherwise it should be Dodgers 3-2.

• 1 decade ago

Dodgers in 5! The home field advantage helps the Dodgers!

I will be there tomorrow chearing on the Dodgers!

• 1 decade ago

Cardinals. Against the Dodgers this year, the Cardinals are 5/7 managing only two losses. With Carpenter and Wainright probable to pitch two solid games, Pujols, Holliday, Ludwick and the rest of the line-up will secure the series.

Dodgers just don't have enough pitching and Kershaw is too unpredictable but still a great young pitcher.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Go Blue... Go Dodgers

Source(s): Im a Fan
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.