Why do some men choose sports over sex?

My boyfriend would rather watch sports than have sex with me. And I'm open to experimentation as I do not wish to become boring. So why does he continue to choose sports over sex?

Also, it's not just him but most of his male friends say they would definitely choose to watch the game than have sex with someone. Am I just going to have to live a sexless life and admit defeat to this sports obsession?

Does anyone else experience this?

Stories, thoughts, etc?

no rude comments please.

Thank you!

From your boyfriends point of view the game is only on once and it's on NOW. He can have sex with you when it's not on. You could let him know that this REALLY insults you in which case you would likely end up fighting about it, or you could find out the game schedules and catch him when they aren't on. Be worried if he'd rather watch motorized bar stool races on ESPN than have sex with you. The game thing is normal for a lot of guys.

If he's willing to have an open discussion about it and both of you are open to compromises like recording the game or having one of his buddies do it so he can watch it later it doesn't have to be an issue. Team loyalty isn't the same as romantic love. Your boyfriend probably doesn't even realize how upset you are. Try talking about it. If he blows you off you need to really think about whether you are willing to put up with this or you think you need to move on. The issue itself seems rather small, but if he isn't even willing to discuss it you have bigger issues than sports.

I would throw the remote down so fast the wind created by it's moving would strip my girlfriend of all clothes within seconds.

But in all seriousness my girlfriend just tends to leave me be when football is on or we are in the pub and sex is off limits (usually) so its not a problem. I would only ever pass sex for football if it was the world cup final and england where in it and it was 5-5 and in the 85th min she could wait. only circumstance.

But that's just me, and sports is not on all the time have him then.

Not to be rude...

but ditch him and call me.