Difference between flesh and meat?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Alyce
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The confusion comes because both flesh and meat have more than one meaning.

For example - Flesh can mean just he skin of an animal, but to say "to eat animal flesh" means not only the skin, but the meat of animal as well.

Flesh can also refer to non-animal products such as fruits and vegetables. You can say "If I dropped the tomatoes damaging the flesh." In that instance it just means the bulk of the item.

And flesh can also be used metaphorically - such as "sins of the flesh" or "flesh out that proposal." (to flesh out means to fill out an outline.

Meat can be used in much the same way. It means the muscle tissue of animals, but it can also refer to the entire animal. For example - a meat-eater would eat cracklins but a vegetarian would not - even though cracklins are made from just the skin of the animal.

Meat can also be used metaphorically as in "get to the meat of the matter" meaning get to the point.

So it really depends on how the terms are used if they are the same or different. Generally - there is no difference.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Difference between flesh and meat?

Source(s): difference flesh meat: https://biturl.im/FeIfr
  • 4 years ago

Flesh is still living meat and has blood in it and still function nerves when an animal has been killed will become meat

• 3 years ago

What Is Flesh

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Just different names, I suppose. You use the word meat when describing food. I wouldn't say flesh and potatoes for example.

• 4 years ago

Flesh is the outside - like skin meat is on the inside - the fat and the muscle.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'd say flesh still has blood pumping through it and is still attatched to an alive body. Meat is dead and used for consuming.

• Karen
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avZUe

flesh is still living or on a person

• 1 decade ago

Flesh is the term we use to describe animal tissue on the carcass.

Meat is the term we use to describe it when it has been butchered.

Lv 6
    1 decade ago

flesh is the skin and is made up of more fat than the meat. The meat is the muscle and is made up of 75% water, 20% protein and 5%fat.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.