Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I have a job offer on the table in Baltimore,MD all I've heard is the bad , anything good about Balt?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • ALL
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Baltimore City has all kinds of problems. Corrupt politicians, lousy schools, crime, etc. But you don't have to let that keep you from working in Baltimore. Your job is likely in downtown which is generally safe during the day. You may have to deal with a bum or 2, but usually nothing threatening.

The inner Harbor is nice (part of downtown). You also have the stadiums where the Ravens and Orioles play, great restaurants, the aquarium, etc.

The majority of people who work in Baltimore City, live in the surrounding counties, and they are ok for the most part.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I've lived about 45 minutes away from Baltimore (In Greenbelt, MD) all my life. Baltimore's a great place! There's restaurants serving every kind of ethnic cuisine from Ethiopian to Indian. There's also the harbor which has ferry rides every hour or so during the day. There's a really nice aquarium right next to the harbor too! There aren't really alot of shopping malls in Baltimore, but just 30 minutes down the BW Parkway, you can get to Arrundel Mills, which is a very nice and fairly large mall with its own movie theater. Baltimore's an alright place to live. It does have its bad aspects, but it has its good ones too. Try to live in the suburbs of Baltimore. Sparrow's Point is a suburban sect of Baltimore and is very safe. It takes you away from the "industrial" sights of Baltimore lol.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.