Do any other Christians have gut feelings that come true from The Holy Spirit?

Hi! My Mother used to have gut feelings about people and events that came true and she taught me it was The Holy Spirit warning her of coming events. I have the same gut feelings and I just recently began asking other Christians if they have these same feelings and some do, but some scoff and say they don't... show more Hi!

My Mother used to have gut feelings about people and events that came true and she taught me it was The Holy Spirit warning her of coming events. I have the same gut feelings and I just recently began asking other Christians if they have these same feelings and some do, but some scoff and say they don't believe it. So, to prove I am not crazy, I have learned to tell my gut feelings to at least 3 people so I will have witnesses when the event happens. For example, I knew of this recession and how bad it would be and when it would start back in the summer of 2005. I told three friends and they were amazed when it happened. But really, a lot of that was common sense. The Wall Street analysts often don't have a clue as to what the economy will do, and I've learned that if you want to learn what the economy will do, then ask the "common" business man and the "common" business woman. The high priced Wall Street and PhD professionals get it wrong so often. But that aside, I also knew my old friend would lose her job and I told her but she scoffed and a week later, she lost her job. I knew my friend was hurt and had an accident, and an hour later, I called his wife and she was amazed that I knew something was wrong. Over and over again, I've known things and I always tell a few friends just to make sure that someone else knows. The most recent thing was when I knew something major would happen with another friend and I told two close friends of mine and then this particular friend emailed me that she needs a kidney transplant.

My cousin said my Mother was a witch as even when we were children, my Mother would say things that she felt before they happened, but I don't believe it is witchcraft. I do believe that God speaks to His children who will listen and that He speaks through His Holy Spirit. For those who tell me they have never had these feelings, I describe it as being like Peter Parker/Spiderman's spider-sense that would warn him of danger that was coming. Sometimes, Spiderman would know the exact danger and other times, it was just the feeling that some danger was about to happen. And sometimes, when I have stong feelings, it helps me to not be so shocked when the event happens. It comforts me to feel the gut feelings, and I have felt better to hear that other Christians have these same experiences.

For those who say God only spoke through The Holy Bible, then here is my response. I was raised to understand that God spoke universally through The Holy Bible to all people throughout the centuries, but that God also will speak specifically to individuals through The Holy Spirit. Also, I have heard of missionaries who say that they would have gut feelings to leave a certain village or town, and they followed their gut feelings, only to learn later that there was extreme danger in that village or town.

So, besides me and a few other Christian friends, have any other people among the Yahoo community experienced gut feelings from The Holy Spirit? Also, I have learned over the years never to ignore my gut feelings. When I ignore my gut feelings, I usually end up in some unfortunate trouble. Also, I tend to combine my gut feelings from The Holy Spirit and the common sense that God gave me as I travel through life. Oh, one more thing, sometimes when my gut feelings are intense, I will fast and pray more and the gut feelings become more clear and I can know more of what will happen. What do others think? Isn't this part of the promise of being filled with The Holy Spirit upon baptism in the name of The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit?