Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

help with rotation in geometry.?

figure TUV is graphed T (1,1) U (2, 5) V (4,0)

1. Find the coordinates of the vertices of triangle TUV after a 90 degree counter clockwise rotation.

2.Find the coordinates of the vertices of triangle TUV after a 90 degree clockwise rotation.

3.find the coordinates of the vertices of triangle TUV after a 180 degree clockwise rotation.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You may need to clarify what level you are working at.

If I were asked to do that, I would write the points as column vectors and multiply by the rotation matrix:

/ cos(Angle) sin(Angle) \

\-sin(Angle) cos(Angle) /

Many calculators now do matrix multiplication, and I have computer programs I wrote for precisely these calculations. However, for the angles you request the matrix coefficients are all 0 or 1 or -1. Easy to multiply!

Another alternative is to take a piece of graph paper, draw the figure, rotate the paper, and read off the new coordinates after relabeling the new x-axis and the new y-axis.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.