Tim H asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

What is the easiest way to get civilian education promotion points in the Army?

i'm e-4 promotable and my cut-off score is like 700. military ed is too easy but i need to get my civilian ed points maxed out. i'm looking for a simple quick way to do it online for free. what is my best option?

Favorite Answer

Yeah, the CLEP and DANTES tests are free at the ED Center, also NCI (North Central Institute) does what is called a credit inventory evaluation on your military training, most people have recieved around 60 promotion points from that, but it costs around $250.........but you would make that up in one paycheck after getting promoted!! Good luck!!

Source(s): NCO, USA

Go to your Education Center. DANTE and CLEP tests are free. But as an E-4 I'm sure you already knew that.

time in grade and deployments have nothing to do with promotion points although you should get an end of tour award when you get back from deployment that is worth points...heres a website that will help you out...I hate to point out the obvious but if they wont help you with your questions about promotion and if they havent how do you expect to rely on them to send you to the board?

The easiest way is to take CLEP exams.

talk to different colleges and see how many college credits they'll give you for your military training. California State Universities actually give a lot of credits for military training.