? asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 decade ago

Keyboard types numbers instead of letters?

My HP laptop writes numbers instead of letter when I press say "m" it is SOOO annoying. It gets temporarily fixed when I restart it, bu it starts again, WTF is going on? How do I fix it? THANKS

• Favorite Answer

Could it be that you simply put the number lock on by mistake? When you have number lock on on a laptop, certain letter keys become number keys, to emulate a number pad.

So double check that, and if it's still not working, there's probably a driver issue. Try updating your HP drivers.

Wow, just wanted to say thanks to Jesus Iam, you were 100% right. I was having the same issue as the poster, and I knew it wasn't a numlock issue, but couldn't figure out what was going on. Would only have issues with some programs, like yahoo messenger or shockwave games, while everything else worked. As soon as I got rid of the Comcast security stuff and rebooted everything was fixed. Cool, thanks again Here's some info,if anyone's interested, I guess it's a pretty common problem with the Comcast software, but I had no idea until I read the posts.

Try to do a restore point on your computer, it should fix your problem