Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

What do you hate most about society today?

Some say society is going down the wrong path. Others say the war is waste. Politics has become a bitter battle of junk. This is for you to answer.

Provide what you hate about society and the reason why.

Thank you for your time and answers.

Best Answer

I hate the fact that society has no compassion .People walk around all the time like they own this planet no one cares for the next person .no one cares about their neighbor .this is a selfish society and yes i feel the future does not look bright unless we all change from our self absorbed ways .

I hate the way democracy gives more right to minority groups on the expense of the whole.

I hate the need to be politically being correct. (or else! one slip of the tongue and the whole pretend system is after you!) Eg: talk carefully about the environment, religious, racial, sexual - age & gender issues.

I hate the greed of the state, the corporation and the individuals. The governments constantly increasing fees and taxes without to consider if one can afford to pay it or not! Corporation and business are charging prices based on how much they can extort from someone not based on the actually value they provide. Individuals who are inconsiderate of others for their own benefit.

Governments who are not regulating industries who scamming you to rip you off. Eg: Phone companies should be in the telecommunication business and not in the money collection business for the behalf of other businesses. ( Advertisement in the TV, asking a very simple question, or even displaying the answer in the background. You know the answer? Call xxy number with your answer for the chance to win $4000.00 ! And when the gullible call, than from the next phone bill going to find it out, that there were a $6.00 subscription fee, a dally $2.00 participation fee and the scam is going on until he / she don't call an other number to cancel the privilege to be in the draw for the $4000.00.) This is just one of the multitude of scams where the Phone Co. prepared to collect money for a small windfall for them self, and they calling it a "service" for the consumer!

I hate the right of "The Big Brother's" to control what the individual people are looking or reading on the computer (censorship).

I hate that people now think they deserve to live at the expense of other people. They are no longer ashamed to admit it; they broadcast it openly. Even people who aren't poor get food stamps, Medicaid, etc. People like landscapers and snow shovelers build unemployment into their annual routine. People evade taxes. And usually the people who scream the loudest about "unfairness" are the ones doing it.

Nowhere is this more clear than the "health care" debate. People think that half the population should get free health care at the expense of the other half. It disgusts me that they call it a "right." How can something be a right if it infringes on other people's rights? Rights, by definition, must exist naturally. You can retain your freedom of speech or freedom of movement even if you're in the middle of a desert. But how can you have a "right" to health care if you're 100 miles from the nearest hospital? You can't. Because it's not a right.

So, that's what I hate about society. People bragging about becoming leeches on each other. There is no pride in self-reliance anymore. You used to feel shame being a healthy person sticking your hand out for a handout; now it's a badge of honor. Pathetic.

I hate how the media has taken such serious issues like DEATH and DISCRIMINATION and made it into a mockery. I hate that there are so many kids out there who are being exposed to so much sex and violence and anger and cutting themselves, even killing other kids. I hate that people aren't taking these issues more seriously but put so much effort into prolonging a senseless war.

• Doug O

That many of the most important socio-political issues are the ones related to demographic identity; and many viewpoints on these are silenced by speech codes.

Trends annoy the hell out of me. Some of them need to f'in die, and fast. Hot Topic breathes them to life, and that's just one example. I must admit I've wanted *one* pair of pants from there, because they were big and black but they didn't have my size.

Anyway, trends aren't the worst things ever, but they are up there with things in pop culture that suck.

Come to think of it, I think I hate people who are engulfed by hate and can't take the time to relax, regroup and come back to us once in awhile because they are capable of low down dirty deeds.

I fear for my 1 year old nephew sometimes. Just today, he laughed out of nowhere and I smiled only to have a sadness wash over my face for an instant. This happens sometimes.

But yeah.

/rant

I think greed is what I hate most, both corporate and individual greed. That goes hand-in-hand with materialism.

I hate them because I see them as the source of most human suffering.

The contagious disease of racism and homophobia. They keep mouthing off and making verbal threats. Do they really want a government that tells them who they are allowed to have sex with and where they are allowed to live and travel?

The total lack of manners people exhibit, as if their life is more important than the comfort of the people around them. As my grandmother once said: "Manners! The art of making life pleasant for others! It's not rocket science, is it?" How right she was.

Hollywood movies