promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicCountry · 1 decade ago

Toby Keith---"American Ride" WTF??!!?

Yea, I Heard This Song On The Radio And I Also Saw The Video, But Still Dont Understand What This Song Means?! Can Someone Explain To Me What This Song Means Before I Go Insane??!!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

.....It is a "satire" song about the political scene.Reminds me of the "JIB-JAB" videos during the presidential campaign.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Beth
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I was just thinking about this the other day, despite not even being American. Yes, 'White Americans' should be referred to as 'European American'. If everyone else has to have their continent of origin slapped in front of the nationality in your race-obssessed country, so should White people. 'Native Americans' should not even need the 'Native' at the front because they are the true AMERICANS!

• 1 decade ago

Toby Keith isn't afraid to tell it like it is regarding our Country!!

"American Ride", is Toby's way of telling all of us how much trouble the USA is in. He sings about gas prices going up, people not being able to find work, home foreclosures, banks failing, etc., etc.

I think it is one of his best songs/video's to date.

CC

• 1 decade ago

In the song Toby is just flat out telling the truth about america he isnt holding nothing back he said it shows his view on politics and other issues in america

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It just means he's proud to be an American. He's basically describing the crazy and great things that make up our country and our citizens. It's a funny song, but at the same time a great nationalistic song.

• he is pretty much tryin to get ppl to see that america is going down hill

with ppkls homes getting taken away

gas prices going up

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i agree with first answer its about being an american and living an american life

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it's about being an american and having a good life

• 1 decade ago

i think that its about how this country's starting to take a turn for the worst...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.