What items do I need to buy to make my bass boat saltwater safe?

I have a bass boat that I want to take out in the Louisiana marsh. What do I need to get to make sure my boat will not get corroded and how much will that cost?

• Artie
    Favorite Answer

dude boats are boats unless yours is aluminum, all fiberglass are the same, you have to have a chunk of zinc to attract the electrolysis as it is occurring, you have to wash out your pumps, motor and rinse off all metal hardware and hinges every time you take it into saltwater. in fact much of the hardware you will need to replace with stainless steel. Every time you take it into salt water wash it with a citrus based non harmful cleaner. You need to wax it at least once a month and you might need to upgrade some wiring to copper. that's it easy as winning fishing tourneys

Brackish water. 1 55 galon drum full of fresh water to run your motor in at the end of the day. 1 small preasure washer to wash down the boat good. Be sure to dispose of the waste water in a proper manner. If duel hulled before leaving the area to put boat on trailor, drop nose, fill with fresh water. Raise nose of boat and drain well. Clorinated water to kill unwanteds is best or add some clorine to the flush water.

buy a salwtwater boat