Adrianna asked in SportsOther - Sports · 1 decade ago

Star Quarterback & Head Cheerleader?

Why is this such a popular cliche, that is used in just about every movie/tv show you see? What do you think?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Ashley
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's just a cliche, as you said. Quarterbacks and Head Cheerleaders have the image of being "popular"... so when they have a character who's supposed to be popular, they make them a quarterback or cheerleader to help set that image in the viewers' minds. It's just like any other cliche... like how they always make the smart kid wear glasses and look goofy.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I have no clue why hollywood seems to think that cheerleaders and football players are always popular, but their wrong! At my school Cheerleaders are defiantly not the most popular people! And if we are "popular" it's just because we're nice to other.

And football players aren't more popular, they're just like any other guy. If their jerks people don't like them, besides other jerks. If they're nice they have friends.

I think Hollywood just likes to hold on to these cliches because they're easy and the writers don't need to use any creativity.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

stupid. i'm a comp cheerleader and AFL is much better than any other kind of football. in australia it's more the socalite and the full forward.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.