Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

When God made Helen Keller blind, deaf, and mute, was it Its will that she was nevertheless able to live life?

Or was it through the work of Helen herself and her teachers that Helen was able to not merely live, but live prosperously?

OR, was it God that not only created Helen Keller herself, but also created the teachers to assist Helen, as well as lay down the paths in life those teachers would follow in order to encounter and assist Helen throughout her journey?

If the latter is the case, then why did God choose to support Helen in particular, while countless other deaf, mute, or blind people remain unnoticed in society and may live unremarkable lives and die inglorious deaths?

Favorite Answer

God didn't make her that way. Things happen.

Source(s): Obama is not my fault!
  • elyon

The latter is the case, and asking why questions re: the divine will of God is useless efforts. They don't ever get answered. By the by, there is a true story about Helen's path to faith. It seems that after she was taught to sign, and therefore to communicate, someone shared the good news of the gospel of Christ with her and her response was, "I already knew Him; I just didn't know His name." It kind of shoots down the thinking of many that creation itself does not testify of God's wonder and power.....therefore, they are without excuse. Helen Keller looked at the design and could see the Designer.

God created Adam and Eve and gave them the ability to procreate. When they disobeyed God and went there own way they brought all the problems upon themselves. God did not make Helen Keller blind. You can thank Adam for that. Thankfully God has made arrangement through His son Jesus to bring all mankind back to the perfect state Adam had. Read your bible to find out how.

I think some things are due to genetics - illness - and some things may be balance from prior lifetimes ... the fact that her story became infamous was to encourage ... maybe in some kharmic way - overcoming the burdens she faced and a balance or forgiveness of Kharma and for inspiration - God enabled her story to become inspirational.

She could talk so she wasn't mute ... she was blind and deaf and still managed to prosper in life.

In natural spirituality, it sometimes is plausible that certain spiritual influences prior to incarnation upon earth are given a choice as to their life situations and accomplishments hoped to be attained.

• People like Helen Keller give hope and courage to those of us with much lesser challenges.

Who are you to think that many people live unremarkable lives and die inglorious deaths? Of whom are you speaking? Do you KNOW these people personally?

God did not make Helen this way.

It was the result of an infant illness that she lost these functions.

It was through her faith in God that He blessed her with prosperity.

It was a reward for her, not a judgment due to her lack of function in a physical manner.

God does not create us today.

He created Adam and Eve.

We are their children through genealogical transition through time.

peace

a friend

god did not create her physical body

the physical grew in her mothers womb

the forming process did not work properly so she was born blind and deaf.

God created her soul.

a teacher inspired helen to work at it and succeed.

Some people as others do not get inspired and then do not do anything.

All people are created by God.

Genesis 1:26-27

26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, [a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

27 So God created man in his own image,

in the image of God he created him;

male and female he created them.

Psalm 139 NIV

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ps%201...

13 For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful,

I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you

when I was made in the secret place.

When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.

All the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be.

Does God create people who have disabilities? Yes.

Exodus 4 NIV

10 Moses said to the LORD, "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue."

11 The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD ?

12 Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say."

While making life difficult, disabilities in a person's life need not necessarily exempt that person from glorifying God with & thru their lives by demonstrating that God is active in their lives:

John 9: Jesus Heals a Man Born Blind

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+9...

1 As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth.

2 His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?"

3 "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.

4 As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work.

5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world."

So even in our suffering with such disabilities, God can still equip us to serve & honor Him. No matter what difficulties we face in life, when we focus on those hardships/disabilities, we sink. But when we make God our focus thru those struggles, we have victory.

Source(s): www.biblegateway.com

Her response to the leadership in her life. Same as you. God loves her the same way He loves you. And offers the same gift of eternal life.

OMG, theism makes life soooo confusing! Take a beautiful instance of human courage and insight, and twist it into some head-shaking theistic bull.

• ?

Her disability may have been "god's" doing, but her success was due to her great teacher and her own will.