Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

If Trinity is for real, why 1 John 5:7 is fabricated?

I'm confused with Christian claims about Trinity, where there is 1 god, but it is 3 but yet 1 god. Pardon me for those who are not happy with my question, it is just an honest question to help me understand the matter.

1 John 5:7

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

This is the only verse in the Bible that explains trinity. Remember, the central doctrine in Christianity is the Trinity.

What stunning me is that I found that this verse is fabricated. It is never exist in earliest Bible, not until 325 AD after Council of Niceae.

All major translations since the King James Version have omitted it, including the Revised Standard Version, The Amplified Bible, and the New International Version.

Actually it as inserted into BIble and removed again after 50 co-operative denominations of Christian church unanimously agree that this concept is a clear fabrication and a lie.

So my question is, why do Christians still believe in Trinity despite no clear evidence to support this even in THE BIBLE ITSELF? It's still acceptable if God forgot to include it in the first place but now all churches DISAGREE to it? Why bet your life on something wrong?

My first thought that the Roman church wants people to worship the church as if Jesus were a mere human prophet, he will be forgotten and he would be just like Moses, John the Baptist, Adam etc. To make it spectacular, Jesus have to be the most superior being, thus God incarnation idea comes into place.

Please help me to clear this.

• X
    Favorite Answer

To put it bluntly, the teaching of the "trinity" is a complete load of god-dishonoring, unscriptural garbage.

And for those who want to swear by the KJV of the Bible as the best or most accurate, they have absolutely no defense for the fact that even with the circles of Bible scholars, it is a fully documented FACT that the translators of the KJV blatantly added wording to 1 John 5:7, 8 in order to try and give support to the false teaching of the trinity.

The Bible is clear: there is NO trinity.

The Christians who compiled from Scripture the true orthodox doctrine of the Trinity (namely, that the one true God exists in three equal persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) did so without any reference to the disputed words. If their biblical proofs were correct and sufficient and based on undisputed passages, and they certainly were, then the doctrine stands unmoved.

There were many theological debates regarding the exact nature and understanding of the Trinity. In all of those debates, no one ever once quoted these words in question from 1 John 5:7-8. If they were originally written by John, it seems very strange that no early Christian would have quoted them. In fact, though none of the ancient Christians quote from this verse, several of them do quote from 1 John 5:6 and 1 John 5:8. Why skip verse seven, especially if it is such a great statement of the Trinity?

While there is no explicit statement of the Trinity in the statement (such as this), it is woven into the fabric of the New Testament - we find the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit working together as equal, yet distinct Persons (Matthew 3:16-17; 28:19; Luke 1:35; John 1:33-34; 14:16, 26; 16:13-15; 20:21-22; Acts 2:33-38; Romans 15:16; 2 Corinthians 1:21-22; 13:14; Galatians 4:6; Ephesians 3:14-16; 4:4-6; 1 Peter 1:2).

• ?

I know that verse you site and if you turn to St.John 1v1

you will see that Jesus Christ is indeed the Word. Therefore the Father, the Son{Word} & the Holy Spirit.{Ghost} That is the Trinity as best i can see. One Power-three branches of purpose,United as ONE.<>

It is all this nit-picking throughout the centuries that has kept the Christian Spirit clouded by confusion,fighting each other forever and a day. It is this curse of arrogance and self righteousness that keeps the Good God hidden from even the most sincere believer. The Church as each institution is called is and has been the main archenemy of the Spiritual Truth's Christ sought to convey ,and continues it seems in blatant disregard for the Holy Truth with the exception of a few.<>

It is not this Trinty i speak of.This is not the point of importance. If God be One or God be fifty branches of purpose ,how will that bear on the truth ,of helping the neglected,the hungry,the rejected,--How will that help the old lady who just fell with all her groceries or the old man who just had a stroke but people judge him to have fallen over drunk and leave him alone to die.

Wake up Christians if you can. These scarcrows of the truth got your attention and cause you to fixate on their wasteful garbage under the pretense of wisdom..<>

It is true that the verse is only in the King James and not in original Greek. They may have added it because they felt the need to have a verse that was more specific. However, there is plenty of evidence that our Jesus of the New Testament is God of the Old Testament.

Matt 1:23 “He will be called Immanuel - which means, God with us”

Mark 12:35-37 “While Jesus was teaching the temple court, he asked “How is it that the teachers of the law say that the Christ is the son of David? David himself, speaking by the Holy Spirit, declared: The Lord said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet.” David himself calls him ‘Lord’. How then can he be his son?”

1John 5:20 “And we are in him who is true - even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.”

The book of Jude warns of godless men, “who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord”

Jeremiah 10:10 “But the Lord is the true God; He is the living God, the eternal King”

Revelation 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty” This is Jesus!

Revelation also shows the worship of the Lamb (Jesus) “Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!” Rev 5:12

Rev 1:15 “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will reign for ever and ever”

And then Rev 21:6 “He said to me: “it is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this and I will be his God and he will be my son.”

And again in Rev 22:12 Jesus says “Behold I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End”

Eph 5:5 speaks of the Kingdom of Christ and God

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." (I John 5:7)

Although this verse of Scripture is often used by those who believe in three persons of God, it actually refutes this view, for it says that "these three are one." Some interpret this phrase to mean one in unity as a man and wife are one. But it should be pointed out that this view is essentially polytheistic. If the word one referred to unity instead of a numerical designation, then the Godhead can be viewed as many gods in a united council or government. If unity were meant, the verse should have read, "These three agree as one."

A=Apostolic

B=Believer

I=In

O=One

G=God

JESUS

Source(s): www.newlifeupc.org
  • I doubt if we can ever understand the concept of Trinity completely. But the important point here is is Jesus simply a human prophet? The answer to that is - No and can be supported.

1. A prophet gives prophecies. Jesus came to earth with a mission to fulfill prophecies. After each event, we are reminded that this was done so that the respective prophecy come true.

2. Jesus is the good high priest. The high priest was one who would bear the inquity of the common people. " And it shall be upon Aaron’s forehead, that Aaron may bear the iniquity of the holy things" "And they shall be upon Aaron, and upon his sons, when they come in unto the tabernacle of the congregation, or when they come near unto the altar to minister in the holy [place]; that they bear not iniquity, and die"

These are some verses that deal with the high priest bearing iniquity and the danger of death from bearing iniquity. Jesus came on earth to bear inquity and die on the cross.

3. Son of God or Son of Man: This title was not something that anyone could take upon himself. It was blasphemous to the Jews. If Jesus were simply a prophet, He would have been embraced by the Jews. But what He said was so unthinkable that they tried to stone him. John 10:31-39 "We are not stoning you for any good work," they replied, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

4. He had power over all life. This is what He had to say about His own crucifixion and resurruction. "No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father." This statement shows that He is beyond our concept of life and death.

5. His timelessness is apparant in this verse - "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am".

6. Jesus has the power to forgive sins. Luke 7:48,49; 23:43 It was not something He earned because of His sacrifice on the cross. He always had this power vested in Him. Only God has the power to forgive sins and God says that "this is my Son; in whom I am well pleased".

This is not for you but others who have eyes to see and ears to hear:

Exodus 3

7 And the LORD said: “I have surely seen the oppression of My people who are in Egypt, and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters, for I know their sorrows. 8 So I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up from that land to a good and large land, to a land flowing with milk and honey, to the place of the Canaanites and the Hittites and the Amorites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites. 9 Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel has come to Me, and I have also seen the oppression with which the Egyptians oppress them. 10 Come now, therefore, and I will send you to Pharaoh that you may bring My people, the children of Israel, out of Egypt.”

11 But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?”

12 So He said, “I will certainly be with you. And this shall be a sign to you that I have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall serve God on this mountain.”

13 Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?”

14 And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” 15 Moreover God said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: ‘The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.’

John 8:

48 Then the Jews answered and said to Him, “Do we not say rightly that You are a Samaritan and have a demon?”

49 Jesus answered, “I do not have a demon; but I honor My Father, and you dishonor Me. 50 And I do not seek My own glory; there is One who seeks and judges. 51 Most assuredly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he shall never see death.”

52 Then the Jews said to Him, “Now we know that You have a demon! Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and You say, ‘If anyone keeps My word he shall never taste death.’ 53 Are You greater than our father Abraham, who is dead? And the prophets are dead. Who do You make Yourself out to be?”

54 Jesus answered, “If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your[m] God. 55 Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, ‘I do not know Him,’ I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”

57 Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?”

58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

59 Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Source(s): Him

its like viewing god in three dimensional way

they are three with one thought , mind ,and purpose.