Need help with an English to Russian translation?

I'm writing a story. I don't have all the phrases the one character is going to say to the other, but he's often going to call her "Little one" or "Little bit" due to her small size. I need it in English characters though so I can type it up. Also if you know of any websites that do an English to Russian translation in English characters I'd appreciate it, though I know those will just be a guideline.

• Zmejka
    Favorite Answer

To my mind MA/\blWKA is impossible to read correct for english-speaking people. "Malishka" also could be difficult to read but still the readers are get used reading english letters and at least they will be able to read it correctly though they could not be able to understand what does it mean. But

MA/\blWKA - they even wouldn't be able to read it because it's imitation of Russian letters with english letters and it's readible only by Russian natives self.

So i would use "Malishka".

About the site that translates English to Russian in English characters - such doesn't exist as far as i know. But you can use

http://www.multitran.ru/

for example, it's a Russian site where you can translate english to russian, german and other languages.

just type the english word in the box and choose the first language out of the list ("Английский" that means "English") and press "Поиск" ("Search')

Or you can use any dictionaries you were advised above.

Then when you get a Russian word in Russian letters you go to

http://www.translit.ru/

this site changes the Russian letters into Latin letters

you copy your Russian word there in the box and press the last button to the right on the top of the box - "в транслит" (that means "transliterate"). And it will show the latin (english letters) variant of this Russian word.

Success!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I'm writing a story. I don't have all the phrases the one character is going to say to the other, but he's often going to call her "Little one" or "Little bit" due to her small size. I need it in English characters though so I can type it up. Also if you know of any...

Source(s): english russian translation: https://biturl.im/S9mwC

The word Malishka can also be typed with English letters and symbols but look like Russian Character. It looks like: MA/\blWKA (type EXACTLY like this, M,A,W, K A are CAPITAL LETTERS bl - are SMALL! if you confuse capital or small letters, it would make no sence in Russian)

[G/ospadi, yatakd/olga isk/al etup`/es`n`u ! An/a s/upir] - the closest way to pronounce it :) For a woman saying: [G/ospadi, yatak/dolga isk/ala etup`/es`n`u ! An/a s/upir] Good luck! :)

The literal translation of "little one" to Russian is "malenkyi odin" for a male and "malenkaya odna" for a female. But this is a literal translation, and it isn't something that a Russian person would typically say.

Source(s): My brain.

http://google.com/translate

It will translate words, phrases and full websites

Babylon makes the best

If he wants to call her "Little one" or "Litlle bit", he should call her "Malyishka".

Source(s): I am Russian./

juss go to www.translator.com