PS3 or Xbox 360 Elite?

I am still not sure what system to purchase. I have played a 360 and I do enjoy Halo. I thought I was dead set on getting a 360 but after I did a little more research it seemed like the PS3 was more up and coming and also might be around longer. I want to know your opinion on what I should buy? I know xbox... show more I am still not sure what system to purchase. I have played a 360 and I do enjoy Halo. I thought I was dead set on getting a 360 but after I did a little more research it seemed like the PS3 was more up and coming and also might be around longer.

I want to know your opinion on what I should buy?

I know xbox live is supposed to be better but is it really that much better than PS3? What does it have that PS3 doesn't.

Netflix also doesn't matter to me and I don't mind having to pay 50 dollars a year for live.

I think that having blu ray would be nice but it is not a big factor in my decision.

Does PS3 have achievements or ranked matches on their online play? If not what do they have?

One last thing. Is there any game on the PS3 that compares to Halo as far as multi player and online goes?

Thanks... Any answers would be a big help.
Update: I like Sports games and first person shooters!