has anyone else been harassed or aressted by the cops for no reason?

What is your story and what can we do about it. I cant say i hate cops cause they can be quite helpful and they protect and serve at least some of them. Then there are the ones on a power trip wanting nothing more to show you what authority they have. I was arrested with five kids in my car and searched and arrested for having some of my mothers meds on me with out prescription (although my brother offered to show a prescription bottle when he came to get the kids but was threatened that he would be arrested as well) I am my mothers care taker and I had a small amount of her meds on me. Another story is my brother was arrested for public intoxication downtown outside a bar that we had already left and the cops brought us back there. He was not intoxicated but the doorman at that bar always bothers us and had accused us of breaking a chair my brother and myself being the smart *** that we are ( knowing he was only harassing us AGAIN!) my brother said maybe i sat on it hell i dont know and i said why dont you run get some cops your good at that so he says ok and proceeds to go get cops. We left and headed toward the hotel a few blocks down where my bff works and we could have stayed or had my brothers gf drive home who is pegnant and was not drinking. they arrested him for Public intoxication and we ordered one beer in that bar and had had a couple others we were not intoxicated. also the cop stole a hundred dollars out of his wallet cause it was missing when he got to the jail and the cop refused to give his property to the family which is unusual i know that from experiance. Ive been pulled over and searched and harassed other times as well in front of my kids. i have had a family dog shot during a home invasion because of a mis lead from an informant because the lady living there prior to us done drugs, they found nothing and shot our dog saying he was a threat. Where does this stop dont the officers have rules to follow or can they get away with anything. i cant take it anymore Im ready to make a news report who can i write and what can be done to make a differance???

Favorite Answer

I agree with KC V ™. But yes I have been harassed by cop because of the music I listen to. Apparently If you listen to Insane Clown Posse you are automatically gang related. Two years ago at the Arizona State Fair on Halloween my boyfriend, and three of our friends were LEAVING the fair, about 20 feet form the exit, two cops demanded we stop and come over to them. They asked what we were doing, we told them we were leaving, and they told us we were all 'gang related' because the 3 guy painted their faces for Halloween and we wear the Psychopathic Record emblem. So that makes us all 'gang related'. The two cops demanded we stay and wait for the gang task force because they wanted to question us, we waited and they harassed us. They told us that everyone that listens to this music 'commits acts of violent'. I told them that was bull, they wouldn't like it if I said everyone that has a badge is a prick and that's profiling because we both know neither are true. We asked if we were being detained, they said no so we left to them yelling ' if we see you do anything, you'll be going to jail'

That's my story and I've learned to live with the allegation of being gang related, which, by the way is crap, I listen to music just like everyone else.

You certainly seem to have some problems but not necessarily are all the problems associated with the police.

The incident at the bar was an issue between you and the bar personnel. Because you, as you admitted, used a "difficult demeanor"...you forced the hand of the proprietor who in turn called the police based upon the complaint they recieved.

The "home invasion" means somebody broke in to your home. If you mean the police executed a search warrant at your home...then you may wish to file a complaint through an attorney. I would hope your local police did a bit more research to insure they knew who lived in the residence before executing a search warrant.

If, in fact, you had money taken from you by the police, again, you can file a complaint. I'm not sure how well your police agency will receive the complaint as it seems some like to throw out the "my money was stolen" in an effort to get someone in trouble for doing nothing wrong! Your brother COULD have lost the money while in the bar or spent the money and forgot about it!

If you are ever stopped by the police, you have the right to decline a vehicle search when asked. So next time...tell them you don't consent to a search of your car. Unless they have a K9 on hand that indicates on the vehicle or a search warrant...they won't delay you any longer.

As for your dog...I have unfortunately learned of an officer who did the same ... once! The officer is no longer an officer...thank goodness. The shooting was uncalled for and the officer was over zealous and unprofessional. Bring this incident to the attention of the police chief or an attorney for action.

Now...maybe it's just me...but you seem to have an awful lot of problems with cops. Have you tried to use a bit of tact and diplomacy when talking to them or instead do you immediately go in to a verbal confrontation when you are stopped?!

My suggestion would be to choose your comments carefully to avoid a misunderstanding that gets them or bar owners on your case.

There's always three sides to every story....yours....theirs...and a happy medium which is most likely what happened!

Source(s): Police Officer +30 years

Officers don't really know the ethnic group of the person they are pulling over until they run the plate! Really! If you do not give the officer a reason to run your plates [and with license recognition systems widely available you might not know why the officer has targeted your vehicle for a stop], the officer will probably just consider you another car on the road. Do SOME officers have a problem with racial minorities? H*** YES! In spite of the extensive testing and training ... some officers are given a badge when they "have an axe to grind" on a certain subgroup of Americans. They are not the majority ... they are a really slim minority of the total police force! As to why this particular "jerk cop" was allowed to remain on the force? Not enough information to explain this situation! There are isolated incidences of officer's abusing their lights and sirens to get to a break ... and I have turned those officers in to their headquarters! [No retaliation from the force in question I might add!] In answer to your question ... YES! A fringe minority of officers are dirty, have a problem with minorities, or are just plain not good people! Do not let that color your perception of the thousands of officers on the job ['many of whom are of "minority race"] that do the job with respect and consideration for all people, regardless of race, national origin, or language!

dam the pigs shot your dog? lol thats fuked up! yeah most cops are punks that i swear dont give a **** about society, just the paycheck and power trip they get. i say f them. they can kiss my ***. bacon boys

They are called pigs because of their behavior. They do whatever they please, to whomever they please, whenever they please. The only way you will really make a difference is by helping educate people to the fact that cops are bottom feeding thug scum, & should be treated as such.