Misty S asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

is it okay to have a cheat day on a diet?

Ive been on a really strict diet for 18 days now and have also been excercising. Is it okay to have a cheat day today? Would it completely ruin everything that ive done for two and a half weeks? Some people say its okay some say its not. Will tomorrow be like my first day all over again if i do this? please help.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It will be okay. In fact, a lot of diets plan for a cheat day. Just don't go and cheat really really bad.

For instance, instead of having a day where you go to a restaurant and have a fattening meal then going home and having two slices of cake, have a meal with one food item you have been denying yourself and a small desert. That way you aren't completely blowing your diet but at the same time allowing yourself a small indulgence.

• 1 decade ago

no it is completly alright to have a cheat day!acctually have like one meal each week that u cheat on!it keeps down cravings!it will not ruin everything!just make sure u can have the self control to start back on ur diet and keep it that way till ur next cheat day!dont have cheat days every other day!!lol

• 1 decade ago

Yes it is, and it actually helps you lose weight if you don't overdo it. My mom has a cheat day every other Saturday and she's been loving her diet.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no. don't beat yourself up over food.

it's perfectly fine to ' pig out ' but do it in moderation, and continue on with your healthy lifestyle the next day.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

only on a saturday its when most ppl pig out

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.