Why is my 4 yr old drawing naked pics?

She will only draw boobies and a butt and show me and laugh about it . I am wondering WHY ?? lol

OH and then she tries to say the boobies are eye balls.

Best Answer

She thinks it is funny, and likely gets a reaction from people. Our now 5 year old loved to "shake your booty" and "penis" and "poo-poo head" and "pee-pee head". A mixture of ignoring it, time-outs and yelling at him got him to stop by age 5 1/2.

I don't think you need to punish her for drawing though! At least that is art of some kind. You can explain that she should only draw those pictures at home, since they might upset her teachers.

You can also explain in great and boring detail about the function and structure of breasts and the gluts til it isn't getting her the kind of attention she wants. Or use it as a springboard to discuss human anatomy, like the circulatory system.

1

Source(s): Pencil Portraits Course http://emuy.info/RealisticPencilPortrait
  • Maria

I think by age 3, the naked picture thing should be over with. We were very liberal when my oldest was a baby about letting him run around the house naked, and around age 3 ran into huge problems keeping clothes on him at home and in public because he didn't see anything worng with being naked. This really became an issue when I became pregnant with a little girl. We've changed our philosephy a lot on naked kiddos. She probably thinks it's harmless now but will deal with the repercussions later.

If you wish to become an expert in performing face then Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery from here https://tr.im/tjuiE may be the manual that you need.

The center of the Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery eBook is 3 secrets that fully guaranteed to give you a possiblity to attain the level of a professional with this art. They are concentrating on picking up mastery of rendering of most facial characteristics; knowing actually the absolute most diminutive tourist attractions in most facial quality; and understanding how to see what's invisible to others.

The reference material may keep you active for weeks if that you do not mind drawing celebrities.  The skin characteristics images offer you sense of the difference of skin features.  The photographs are huge and really crisp – good to draw in other words.

My 3 year old is also comically fascinated with the "private" parts. He's always running up to us and slapping us on our buns....he laughs and says "I hit yu butt!" ...and then runs away again. Or sometimes when I'm holding him he'll just start poking my breast out of the blue...yeah, that can be pretty embarrassing in a public place. Kids are learning about ALL the body parts, and because certain ones are "private" or even considered "taboo" in some families, they can sense the discomfort coming from their parents when talking about it and in turn they'll make a joke out of it. Like "poop" and "fart"...kids find that to be hilarious, too!...and so do some adults. ...So I really think she's just being a curious little kid like we all were at one time or another.

...So...what to do about it? ...not sure, but the best I can come up with right now is to let her know that 'certain parts of the body are our own personal private parts and that is why we wear clothing over those parts....So, "____", lets draw pictures of people wearing a dress and we can decorate it with lots of different colors and such.'

She is probably confused by where all her body parts are and what not.

Why not get one of those collectable magazines where each week you get a new body part and when the series has ended you have a full labelled skeleton. Or just buy one and do it that way.

I think you need to explain to her that 'boobies' aren't eyeballs (the idea above) and show her how to draw clothes on people? She may grow up to be a famous fashion designer. :P

Good luck and hope I helped(:

-Jaffa x

Do you talk openly about naked bodies? Maybe try that. Its only normal, dont get worried or anything but maybe she laughs and says ther eyeballs because she thinks she might get in trouble. Explain to her what different body parts are etc and that her body parts are hers.

Kids of that age are naturally curious about their bodies, my four year loves announcing that daddy has a penis (or willy) and she has a ginia and she is fascinated with my boobs! However if she is showing you and laughing about it, it sounds like she is doing it for a reaction, she obviously thinks that she is saying something naughty.

I would be asking "who" instead of "why". Children at that age will copy what they see or what they've been taught. There's no way she would pick those subjects on her own and to automatically see this as a humorous thing just tells you that someone with a twisted sense of humor has been influencing her.

Again, who instead of why?

think you should take her to a therapist thats not normal