Do you call 'sex with animals', 'bestiality', 'zoophilia', or 'zoosex'?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
The terminology is debated so much, I just wondered what your default term is for the meaning.

No sexualist comments, please!
Update : If the sexual orientation is seperate from the act. What do you call ...show more
Best Answer
saturday night.

Source:

been there, done that.
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (13)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • jdkeaton1 answered 5 years ago
    Bestiality is to have sex with animals. Someone who desires and takes pleasure in sex with animals has zoophillia.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • Mythnam answered 5 years ago
    Bestiality to refer to the act itself, zoophilia to refer to the desire. I've never heard "zoosex" used. To me it just sounds like "sex in a zoo."

Incidentally, should it still be illegal if the animal initiates it? Hmm...
    • 1
    • Comment
  • jerryb answered 5 years ago
    This article covers specifically the sexual orientation 'zoosexuality'. For all other aspects and information related to emotional and sexual activity with animals, see Zoophilia.

Zoosexuality is a term covering sexual orientation towards animals.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • HOVO answered 5 years ago
    I'd say the most recognized one would be bestiality. It's the one you hear mentioned most.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • SERiFE <3 answered 5 years ago
    why would you want to know? lol ):
    • 1
    • Comment
  • pumpkin answered 5 years ago
    Fortunately, in my day to day conversations I don't use any of those terms very often. But bestiality.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • HazelEyes answered 5 years ago
    A lunatic.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Public Enemy answered 5 years ago
    All of the above. There doesnt have to be just one word.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • autumn_ answered 5 years ago
    Bestiality is the term I use. And I wasn't aware it was debated. Haha :P I always thought it was a taboo subject.

And in reply to the updated portion of your question: homosexual sex, as in a man with another man is referred to as 'sodomy' in law (and religion). Oddly enough, I'm pretty sure there's no term for when two women have sex. Maybe because there's no penetration? I'm not sure.

And by the way, you're probably going to offend someone by putting the words bestiality and sodomy right next to each other. I know you meant no offense, just, you know... don't go there.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Bert H answered 5 years ago
    Zoophilia · Psychology
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    (Redirected from Bestiality)

This article is about Zoophilia. For other uses, see Zoophilia (disambiguation).
    "Bestiality" redirects here. For other uses, see Bestiality (disambiguation).

Zoophilia, from the Greek ζῷον (zṓion, "animal") and φιλία (philia, "friendship" or "love"), is the practice of sex between humans and animals (bestiality), or a preference or fixation on such practice. A person who practices zoophilia is known as a zoophile.

Although sex with animals is not outlawed in some countries, it is not explicitly condoned anywhere. In most countries, such acts are illegal under animal abuse laws or laws dealing with crimes against nature.
    ;-)

Source(s):

Wikipedia
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• Hopeful answered 5 years ago
    People having sex with animals is considered bestiality. If it's different breeds of animals breeding, it could be called by another name.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Charro answered 5 years ago
    Sex offender lists it as "crimes against nature". We asked a policeman what that term meant and he said that it was sex with an animal.

My definition is PERVERT!
    • 1
    • Comment
  • as if.... answered 5 years ago
    fun
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock