jessica asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

i want a credit card...but never had one b4?

i am 19..i just opened a bank account with chaseabout 4 weeks ago..i just started a new job last week.....i didnt put any money in my account since i opened it...i dont have any credit..i'm new to this..i work at tpys r us now and its my first job..i was attending the art institute of atlanta in feb..and i am going to transfer to a cuny college in ny to enroll in jan..am i able to get a credit card...if so what kind can i get..can i go to chase and apply for one....will i be approved????

• ?
    Favorite Answer

First you need money in your checking account. Then you apply with Target or WalMart for a store card. You charge 50 and pay in full. Do this for 6 months and then apply to chase for a credit card

You can open up a credit card anytime after your 18. Your best bet would be to go to a store such as Macys and they'll just give one to you. That would be the easiest way to start building your credit. Just make sure you make your payments and don't be late paying. In no time your credit will allow you to get a higher name credit card such as Capital One. But the larger credit card businesses go by income. You will less likely receive one of those since you are only a part time employee and make minimal wage. So work at building that credit! Good luck!

One thing I would like to add. Take the advice of the others, but you will NOT be able to get a credit card of ANY type after Feb. 2010 when you must be 21 UNLESS you have a bank roll or co-signer with good credit.

Good Day To You All.

I want to Introduce My Company to you,I am Rev.Mrs Erica Motte,the Chief

Executive Officer (CEO) of Erica Foundation. We are a reputable,legitimate &

registered Company.Approved by the American and

England Government,an Affiliate of the American Bureau of money lenders.We

give out Loans to individuals in need of financial assistance at ones

convienience with a reasonable interest of 2%. Do you have a bad credit or

you are in need of money to pay bills? Services Rendered include:

*Refinance

*Home Improvement

*Inventor Loans

*Auto Loans

*Debt Consolidation

*Line of Credit

*Second Mortgage

*Business Loans

*Personal Loans

*International Loans

Please write back if interested.

We await your Quick Response,you'll be mailed a Loan application form to

fill. No social security and no credit check, 100% Guaranteed. We Look

forward permitting me to be of service to you.

Sincerely,

Rev.Erica Motte,

Managing Director,

Erica Foundation.

E- mail us on niceloanfirm@sify.com

Thank you as I wait your response.

Check out Credit Score1st for your situation. You can get a guaranteed approval credit card or a debit card.

Probably, but it will have a low limit. Be careful, it is easy to get over your head in debt. You have a better chance at Chase since you have an account there.

• Suzy

forget it - credit cards are the road to ruin.

Source(s): been there, done it - being harassed by several phone calls a day!!!