marybuko asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Are Oprah & Obama that unpopular with the voting IOC members that they voted against the 2016 Chicago Olympics?

I thought that, either or both, Oprah & Obama would have been popular, or at least been able to bribe the IOC members, to have the Olympics in Chicago in 2016.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

honestly, i thought it was a terrible image sending michelle obama AND oprah winfrey onstage to present the city the night before. WHY??? Why do people think Obama is like loved around the world? Maybe people don't hate him as much as they are mad at this country... BUT now we all look stupid as hell sending our president to "Copenhagen?" for two days to back an olympic pitch instead of dealing with our own problems. stupid, so stupid. Show the IOC a slideshow of each city and what it can do for the olympics and chicago would win hands down, dont show these damn "leaders" in Daley (ew), Oprah (ew), and the Obamas (EW WTF).

• Rosie
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

No. the USA has a bad track record with the Olympics.

"The IOC's last two experiences in the United States were marred by controversy: The 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Olympics were sullied by a bribery scandal and logistical problems, and a bombing marred the 1996 Games in Atlanta."

It's more a case of their popularity couldn't save it for US.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Olympics was held in the US in 1984 and 1996. There was no chance of the IOC giving it to the US again so soon.

• 3 years ago

i think of the media pushes that way too a lot.they have the splendid to vote for who they want. regrettably that's no longer appropriate the two way. its basically like 2 mapquest instructions to an identical place. those quite everyone seems to be chosen to be elected. obama grow to be an magnificent p.c... have been given a lot accomplished. what's the concern with this race bating??? i could desire to declare (my opinion) maximum quite everyone isn't racist. basically yet another "soccer subject" instead of specializing in genuine subject concerns. people think of u . s . a . is a democracy, that's no longer! it grow to be meant to be a Republic. exams and balances. Barrack Obama is considered to be the president who has written extra "govt Orders that the different president. An govt order is an order or command issued via the pinnacle of the administrative twig at some point of government. particular that's genuine all presidents have used them, yet they are not getting used what they have been meant for. govt orders are in no thank you to pass congress in regulation making.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The world is tired of seeing Obama on a daily basis and his intervention only aggravated the IOC board. Wasting taxpayer money to try and influence the choice was wrong and Obama should pay for both his trip and Michelle.

• Babs
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Chicago is not a popular venue. Can't believe they even made a pitch for it. Where would you rather go for the Olympics? Rio or Chicago?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah, michelle and Oprah will binge eat to forget, and burn books of Hans Christian Anderson, Can you say Waterloo?

• Millie
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Sad because the charm of the Messiah didn't work,.....so sorry!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.