Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

Is the International Olympic Committee (IOC) racist?

Chicago has been eliminated in the first round of consideration of the 2016 Olympics despite Obama acting as the official pitchman. Does this mean the International Olympic Committee is racist? Also, does this mean Obama will get back to actual issues facing the country, or is another round of late night talk show appearances in the works?

Update:

Sorry, 2012 Olympics. My bad.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • KarK
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Lets see:

A) Black youths in Chicago beat in the brains of an unsuspecting kid near the site of Olympic Housing and Venue Arena - video goes viral worldwide...

Presenters tell the IOC how safe Chicago is

B) Barack Obama and MIchelle tell IOC about their childhood in Bid Presentation.

Who cares

C) Chicago is Broke in 2009

Duh

D) Unemployment rises, the Stock Market Falls, Iran Builds Nukes / Launches Missiles, China Celebrates by showing new weapons able to hit anywhere in the United States and all of Obama's policies continue to fail.

Yep they must be racist for these "positive attributes" to be ignored. (Sarcasm) Besides the ALL Knowing Jimmy Carter will probably speak - and make it so.

Source(s): Answerer above - "Corrupt Egomaniacs" "A pro Like Mayor Daley" Are you talking about Obama? Apt description.
  • Moira
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

It really doesn't matter which one is. I find the justifying to be the most racist about all of this. When someone yells EQUAL RIGHTS, do they really mean "equal rights"? I mean, what would that be? to have the equal right would be, to be allowed the same opportunity to do the same thing. NOT to be allowed to have the same result of the person next to you. Why demand equal rights, when the reality of it is equal results. Don't say; I should be graduating too, when your grades are failing grades.Don't demand the job when your NOT qualified for the position. The next time you feel violated due to your skin color, take notice of your clothing as well. Are your in a outfit that is well fitted, non-threatening, and suited for your job. Or are you wearing something ill-fitted, gaudy jewelry, unwashed, or something that says; "I am here to do you harm."

• 1 decade ago

In the past; Olympic bids have gone to Countries in the Northern Hemisphere. Perhaps its time to have the games in the Southern Hemisphere; particularly in a tegion that will be warm, during its winter.

• 1 decade ago

It had nothing to do with race, and everything to do with money. The IOC is a bunch of corrupt egomaniacs. I suspect they panicked when they realized they were out of their league dealing with a pro like Daley.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The IOC listened to the majority of Chicagoans who said they didn't want the Olympics. Wish Obama would've done the same.

• 1 decade ago

No, the IOC is much more inclusive and open to diversity than many hypocrites in America that try to claim some sort of 'master race' status. You would have to be living in a cave or be quit the racist yourself to have that poor an understanding of the IOC.

• 1 decade ago

LOL, ARE YOU A FOOL......

THE US LOST B/C WE ARE THE US AND BRAZIL IS IN THE RUNNING...

EVERY LEADER FROM ALL THE NATIONS, CAME TO SPEAK....NOT JUST THE PRESIDENT OF THE US.......

STOP ALL THE PARTISAN NONSENSE AND GET WITH THE ISSUES...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

According to liberals, they must be or it was Bush's fault. That's all the have to counter all of Obama's failures. Obama is the worst President ever.

• maxmom
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

This is ridiculous.

Does he go to the bathroom too many times a day for you, too?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes. Those Brazilians are all lily-white, right?!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.