Husband addicted to pain killers again?

My husband has struggled with pain pill addiction for about 2 years. He went to treatment..twice. I believe he has fallen back into it. The last time he went into treatment, I was understanding and was there for him during it all. But I also told him that the lies have to stop and that if it were to happen... show more My husband has struggled with pain pill addiction for about 2 years. He went to treatment..twice. I believe he has fallen back into it. The last time he went into treatment, I was understanding and was there for him during it all. But I also told him that the lies have to stop and that if it were to happen again...I wasn't sure if I would be able to stay. Anyway, the past couple of months I have noticed things in him that were only present during his addiction. Lieing,blood shot eyes, very happy moods, cleaning the house for me, locking his phone, and money comes up missing. He is my husband, and I want to be there for him. My theory is..he is afraid to be honest with me because I told him that if it happend again...we would be gone(my 2 year old son and I). However, I understand that addiction is hard to overcome and I want to be there for him. But apart of me cannot take him lying to my face anymore, it breaks my heart. How do I approach this situation without him getting defensive and accusing me of being untrusting?(I have brought it up before and he puts his guard up and says Im crazy). But, it is very obvious to me that something is wrong here. Please, only nice responses please.:) thank you!
4 answers 4