In HS,class of '10. I want to go to college away from home(SF,CA), but I can't afford it. Good affordable unis?

universities / colleges?

2100SAT

3.3 GPA

where can I go for very little?

Favorite Answer

Chico State and Long Beach State are your most affordable good universities outside the Bay Area. You could also consider Cal Poly at San Luis Obispo, but admission is very difficult even with your good record.

I would definitely apply to the University of Arizona. It's a well-respected state flagship university, and famous for its remarkably low out-of-state tuition. Also, with those numbers you're a lock for admission and will probably get some money too.

A LOT of Californians go here so you'll feel right at home. In fact, my roommate is from Menlo Park. Good luck, and hope to see you here next year!

Source(s): University of Arizona student.
  • Bridie

On your fasa are you being viewed as a dependant of your parents? Is that why you do not qualify? If so and you plan on getting married, then get married at that point you are an independant and maybe you and your fiance dont make so much and can then qualify for grants. Only do this if you plan on getting married anyway and make sure you really want to get married then you will qualify for grants and can go to school. Good luck

If you start now, search the internet for all kinds of scholarships. If you spend a lot of time on it you can put a huge dent in your tuition. My sister did this and went to a university ($24,000/yr) and ended up paying only about $5000!