Where is it better to live las vegas, nv or henderson, nv?

Hi! =]

Well I wanna move with my mom and brother to neveda but we totally kno nothing about anything over there. Can you guys help me out where is it best to live las vegas north las vegas or henderson? I go to devry in California so i kinda want to transfer to henderson, nv so please help me tell me whats good about over there is it like a dessert? Any good zip codes u kno. Pretty much let me kno whatever u would wanna kno if u moved somewhere u never been before. I wanna move to were is not so crazy not like in the middle of las vegas were all the crazzy stuff happens. Well thanks for all of u who answer me!!! =]

Favorite Answer

Henderson, green valley or seven hills area. 89052. Check it out.

Def not North Las Vegas!

• lvgeno

First off I would never move to somewhere I never visited. A visit will give you a feel of what life might be like there. You are basing your move on what you have heard about Las Vegas. That's not good. Visit it to see what it is all about. Many people visit here on vacation and then want to move here.

Second, there aren't jobs available. For every single job opening there are 100 well qualified applicants. Not a great time to move here.

Not knowing where to look for a home is a good indication that you should visit and check out the area. Henderson is a good choice but then again there are some not so desirable areas in Henderson.

You and your mom should read this article about moving to Vegas. Puts things in the proper perspective.

Henderson is a huge city. The better area is called Green Valley but there are other very nice areas like Black Mountain.

Vegas is really a small city and most people think of the Strip and other areas not technically in the City of Las Vegas as Vegas, where they are actually Clark County.

Clark County includes both Vegas, Henderson, NLV, Boulder City, Jean, etc. It is huge.

This is not the time to move to Vegas unless your Mother has a guaranteed job. Unemployment is 13.4% and rising. There are minimum wage jobs at the casinos who are expanding, but other casinos are laying off or cutting hours. The State, Clark County, and cities have frozen hiring. This morning RJ newspaper said Clark County is facing layoffs.

I don't know what you mean by crazy areas. There are areas like any other city with higher crime rates. Even the best zip 89117 has crime. The worse are is 89109.

The cost of living is similar to CA. We just don't have State income tax. Gas and food comes from CA. The desert (dessert is food) is very hot in the summer and can be cold in winter. Many peole never talk to their neighbor because they work a different shift. This is a 24/7 365 shift town.

There are all the things most cities have from churches, to malls, to skate parks, the movies theatres or bowling lanes, etc. But realize that to enjoy those "vegas" things you have to be 21, and cannot watch as your Mother would enjoy them.

I tell people ---- this is not the time to move to Vegas

There is no "best" place to live in Vegas. Henderson has some old and cr@ppy parts and North Las Vegas has some brand new master planned communities (anyone know of Aliante?) Las Vegas itself has the beautiful Summerlin and Lakes areas, and nasty crack alley parts of town around Paradise and Maryland Parkway.

Green Valley would be a good choice because that's new, not crappy Henderson. Summerlin in Las Vegas or Peccole Ranch/the Lakes, and Aliante in North Las Vegas.

Source(s): LV Local

ok, well i dont live in nevada, but i visit it often, like three time a month, because of family. If you want to be a little far away from the city, and all the commotion of Las Vegas, the tourists, the traffic, etc. i would choose Henderson, that the farthest you can get while living in southern Nevada, if you want to be a little closer, but still distant from the main casinos and the Strip(the main street where the casinos are, Las Vegas Blvd.), go for North Las Vegas, i love it there, its my favorite place, my family lives up there, very calm, no tourists, but still good view of the casinos, know, if you want to live in "Las Vegas" where the casinos are a, and eveything, then move right down to the strip, but theres always traffic, people at all times of the day. However, if you say that you school is in Henderson, then perhaps it would be a little far away from North Las Vegas, because to get to Henderson from N.Las Vegas, or vice versa, u need to get through the Strip, and the main casinos, throught the freeway, but there always traffic on that traffic because of all the tourist. so at then end its your desicion, choose wisely, and Good Luck!!!

Source(s): Look up maps of Las Vegas, and see the difference within city limits. look up houses in N.Las Vegas and Henderson, but there are no house on the Strip, only apartments. visit the city website!
    • jtryan5 years agoReport

north las vegas is not recommended

• Bandit

No way would I live in the southern side of the valley. Henderson, Green Valley and that are showing signs of beginning decay. I see graffiti whenever I go down there. Summerlin and the Lakes are still better unless you are moving to celebrity enclaves like Spanish hills. 89031 is pretty good. Good schools, no flooding like the south has. Central North Las Vegas should be avoided. Aliente is new. Nice schools, parks, libraries and newer shopping. No indoor mall yet. I think that is 89045 ?

Unless you have a job, I don't recommend moving here because unemployment is high right now. That being said, Henderson is better or anywhere along the 215 east or Las Vegas on the westside.

Henderson is okay.

Central las Vegas 89101 a bit busy. They did tear down quite a few apt. buildings. They put in a crime unit complete with police squad cars and officers/deputies.

Summerlin more expensive.

Green Valley butts into Henderson.

• ?

The best place to live is near the National Park "Red Rock" on the west side of vegas. If you have not been there take a look at vegasnature.com. The area is called summerlin.

the east side of the valley i.e. henderson is about 5 degrees warmer in the summer might not seem like much but in july every degree makes a difference i know it sounds hot but 100 degrees is not bad when it gets around 115 it is hot but that usually only lasts a week it can hit that in june and that is in the shade but it is nice in the winter personally i love las vegas this is the end of jan they are playing tennis in tee shirts and shorts three feet of snow back east