What has obama done since he has been elected (credible sources)?

Well im in debate and i began to think of obama, stimulus plan, poverty, and all types of subjects referring towards obama well can anyone give me a brief summary with credible sources of what he has done. also the the bad things of what he has done? as a debater i have to think of the pros/cons of everything so inform me

Favorite Answer

This is why I voted for him:

I felt he would handle our ruined economy well (which I think he is doing).

I wanted him to order the closing of Guantanamo Bay military detention facility and abolish enhanced interrogation techniques (which he has done).

I wanted him to set a fixed timetable for withdrawing U.S. combat forces from Iraq (which he has done).

I wanted him to order additional troops to Afghanistan (which he has done).

I wanted him to return science to its rightful place by lifting the Bush restrictions on federally funded embryonic stem cell research (which he has done).

I wanted him to sign laws to expand children's health insurance (done).

I wanted him to diminish the role of lobbyists in the White House (done)

I wanted him to lift travel and remittance restrictions for Cuban Americans who seek to travel more frequently to the island and send more US currency to their immediate family (done).

I wanted him to engage world leaders in Europe, Turkey, Latin American and the Caribbean with strength and humility so that we could start to rehabilitate our reputation abroad (ongoing--good start).

I wanted him to address health care reform (in the works).

Other accomplishments, less widely known:

1. Health Care: The Obama White House cleared an important hurdle in the health care reform debate when it appropriated $19 billion in the stimulus package to help implement an electronic medical record system. The money is paltry compared to the hundreds of billions set aside for an overhaul of the health care system in the budget. But officials inside and out of the White House say its significance is hard to overstate.

"We need to have health IT so we have a better idea both of what works but also... so people can share information," Zeke Emanuel, Obama's health care adviser, said. "We are on our way in a way that we have never committed ourselves before."

2. Communications: A presidential campaign built on innovative messaging and advanced technology has, naturally, become a White House defined by similar characteristics.

3. Transportation: Since the passage of the economic stimulus package in mid-February, the Obama Department of Transportation has approved 2,500 highway projects. The movement of stimulus money out the door has been as swift as it has been effective: $9.3 billion has been spent in all 50 states. Touting its impact, DOT officials say 260,000 jobs are expected from this investment. And with competition for contracts fierce, the department is set to approve even more projects than previously envisioned. "There will be more money for additional transportation projects," said the official.

4. Education: Maligned for its handling of the financial and banking crises, the Obama Treasury Department has nevertheless implemented policies with real qualitative and quantitative impact on debt-burdened families. Chief among those was a $2,500 tax credit to help offset the cost of tuition (among other expenses) for those seeking a college education. Nearly five million families are expected to save $9 billion, according to Treasury officials.

5. Cars: The automobile industry at the White House and Congress's behest has undergone seismic structural changes, managerial reorganization, and massive cuts in employment. But for all the tough love, the president has put in place the framework for an industry recovery. Perhaps the most significant of steps was to allocate $2 billion in stimulus cash for advanced batteries systems. One high-ranking Hill aide called battery technology "the next big frontier" in the automotive world, adding that if the U.S. could dominate this market it would reclaim its perch as the world's premier car manufacturer.

6. Pakistan: Cognizant of a destabilizing situation in Pakistan, the administration's diplomatic team, with a major assist from Japan, secured $5 billion in aid commitments "to bolster the country's economy and help it fight terror and Islamic radicalism" within the country. The money, as Pakistan observers note, will prove instrumental in bringing the nation away from the brink of failure and increased Taliban control.

7. Cities: More than any prior president, Obama has put a spotlight on America's struggling cities, even creating an office of Urban Policy in the White House. It is the Justice Department, however, that lays claim to one of the most consequential of urban affairs achievements. Through the Recovery Act, DOJ secured $2 billion for Byrne Grants, which funds anti-gang and anti-gun task forces. The money, cut during the Bush years, is expected to have massive ramifications on inner-city crime and violence.

8. Engaging the Muslim World: While certainly discussed, foreign affairs experts insist that Obama's engagement with the Muslim world has been at once remarkable and under-appreciated.

9. Forests: Since taking office, the White House has put under federal protection more than two million acre

You could start with the White House web page for a list of bills he has signed.

FEATURED LEGISLATION

Cash for Clunkers Extension

Signed: Thursday, August 6, 2009

Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act

Signed: Monday, June 22, 2009

Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure (CARD) Act of 2009

Signed: Friday, May 22, 2009

Weapons Systems Acquisition Reform Act

Signed: Friday, May 22, 2009

Helping Families Save Their Homes Act

Signed: Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act

Signed: Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act

Signed: Wednesday, April 21, 2009

Omnibus Public Lands Management Act

Signed: Monday, March 30, 2009

Small Business Act Temporary Extension

Signed: Friday, March 20, 2009

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act

Signed: Tuesday, February 17, 2009

DTV Delay Act

Signed: Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Children’s Health Insurance Reauthorization Act

Signed: Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act

Signed: Thursday, January 29, 2009

Many things have been the news such as his current plans to go to Denmark to encourage the choice of Chicago for the 2016 Olympics.

The "1st Dog" was a good choice since he didn't break a promise to his daughters - oops, the dog was given to them so that wasn't a choice.

Sorry, I really can't think of anything good he's done since massive spending, huge deficit, unemployment, Obama-care, etc.... are all disasters.

Thank goodness the Olympics aren't coming to Chicago. That would be an economic disaster! Oops, Obama was pushing for that so that his buddies would benefit. He dropped issues, like health care & the economy, to fly to Denmark to pitch the games.

Source(s): Obama is not my fault!

I planned to give you all his accomplishment with credible sources but i know you were going to thumb me down because you don't want to see any of his accomplishments but you're real intentions are to insult him anyway possible

so Why bother

• You can run your car on unicorn pee now. I dont have a source for that but apparently it was supposed to happen if we elected Obama.

He has helped speed up the process of change from democracy to fascism.

• Daniel

Look that one up on google. I dont know of anything he has done except get everyone on here all mad at each other.

Good for you. When you get something, email me or post it here. I have a list, but it is not sourced.

Here are the campaign promises he has delivered on

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/r...

And here are the ones he is currently working on

Here are the ones he has broken

And here are ones he tried to deliver on but was unsuccessful

lying ...mostly

mostly because he's friends was the Bushs friends, and Clintons friends and so on

Source(s): me