Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

im a little confused on religion and i need help?

im thinking about converting into a christian. i understand almost every thing about it but i have a few questions... well one am i to young to convert?? im fifteen almost sixteen but im not dumb im pretty smart and i make good decisions. i just dont know if my religion is the right one so am i two young?? two.. do christians worship Jesus or God or what?? and three. do u have to be in a denomintaion such as catholic etc or can u just be christian?? please answer my questions it will be greatly appereciated.

i am muslim but i have asked some questions about it cause some things i was just curious about n i didnt understand and when i asked i was told to never ask those type of questions i was also told that there wasnt an answer

• ?
    Favorite Answer

10 Reasons why Jesus is not God

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=...

The differences between Christianity and Islam

The Bible led me to Islam.......

Jesus is not a God ,,, the truth that you must know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLF3a7SWZ

Youtube thumbnail

***********************************************************

Why don't you think about ISLAM ?

Here are the opinions of some thinkers about Islam :

Professor Keith Moore, one of the world’s prominent scientists of anatomy and embryology. University of Toronto, Canada It has been a great pleasure for me to help clarify statements in the Qur’aan about human development. It is clear to me that these statements must have come to Muhammad from God, or 'Allah', because almost all of this knowledge was not discovered until many centuries later. This proves to me that Muhammad must have been a messenger of Allah.

Professor William W. Hay is one of the best known marine scientists in the United States. satellite photography and emote-sensing techniques. Professor Hay replied: I find it very interesting that this sort of information is in the ancient ******ure of the Holy Qur’aan, and I have no way of knowing where they would come from, but I think it is extremely interesting that they are there and that this work is going on to discover it, the meaning of some of the passages. Professor Hay: Well, I would think it must be the divine being!

Professor Yushudi Kusan: Director of the Tokyo Observatory, I

can say, I am very mush impressed by finding true astronomical facts in the Qur’aan.

Professor Alfred Kroner who is one of the world’s most famous geologists "Thinking about many of these questions and thinking where Muhammad came from, he was after all a bedouin. I think it is almost impossible that he could have known about things like the common origin of the universe, because scientists have only found out within the last few years with very complicated and advanced technological methods that this is the case.

Dr. T.V.N. Persaud is a Professor of Anatomy and Head of the Department of Anatomy, and a professor of Pediatrics and Child Health, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. He is the author or editor of 25 books, and has published over 181 scientific papers. In 1991, he received the most distinguished award presented in the field of anatomy in Canada. "It seems to me that Muhammad was a very ordinary man. He could not read or write. In fact, he was illiterate. We are talking about 1400 years ago. You have someone who was illiterate making profound pronouncement and statements and are amazingly accurate about scientific nature. I personally cannot see how this could be mere chance. There are too many accuracy’s and, like Dr. Moore, I have no difficulty in my mind in concerning that this is a divine inspiration or revelation which led him to these statements."

Joe Leigh Simpson , Professor of Obstetrics and Gyne ogy at the North Western University in Chicagoin the United States of America. Professor Simpson said: It follows, I think, that not only is there no conflict between genetics and religion, but in fact religion can guide science by adding revelation to some traditional scientific approaches. That there exists statements in the Qur’aan shown by science to be valid, which supports knowledge in the Qur’aan having been derived from Allah.

--------------------------------------…

Professor Palmer a scientist from the U.S. We need research into the history of early Middle Eastern oral traditions to know whether in fact such historical events have been reported. If there is no such record, it strengthens the belief that Allah transmitted through Muhammad bits of his knowledge that we have only discovered for ourselves in recent times. We look forward to a continuing dialogue on the topic of science in the Qur’aan in the context of geology. Thank you very much.

--------------------------------------…

Professor Tagata Tagasone, formerly Head of the Department of Anatomy and Embryology at the University of Shiang Mai in Thailand . He is now the Dean of the College of the Medicine at the University. From my studies and from what I have learned throughout this conference, I believe that everything that has been recorded in the Qur’aan 1400 years ago must be the truth, that can be proved by the scientific means. Since the Prophet Muhammad could neither read nor write, Muhammad must be a messenger who relayed this truth which was revealed to him as an enlightenment by the One Who is an eligible Creator. This Creator must be Allah, or Allah. Therefore, I think this is the time to say ‘Laa ilaaha illallah’, that there is no Allah to worship except Allah, ‘Muhammad Rasool Allah’, Muhammad is messenger of Allah...

Professor Armstrong, Scientist works at NASA, I am impressed that how remarkably some of the ancient writings seem to correspond to modern and recent Astronomy. There may well have to be something beyond what we understand as ordinary human experience to account for the writings that we have seen.

--------------------------------------…

Professor Dorja Rao, It is difficult to imagine that this type of knowledge was existing at that time, around 1400 years back. May be some of the things they have simple idea about, but do describe those things in great detail is very difficult. So, this is definitely not a simple human knowledge

Everything made so much sense. This is the beauty of the Qur'an; it asks you to reflect and reason....When I read the Qur'an further, it talked about prayer, kindness and charity. I was not a Muslim yet, but I felt the only answer for me was the Qur'an and God had sent it to me." Cat Stevens (YusufIslam), former British pop star.

The essential and definite element of my conversion to Islam was the Qur'an. I began to study it before my conversion with the critical spirit of a Western intellectual .... There are certain verses of this book, the Qur'an, revealed more than thirteen centuries ago, which teach exactly the same notions as the most modern scientific researches do. This definitely converted me." Ali Selman Benoist, France, Doctor of Medicine.

"Islam is the fastest-growing religion in America, a guide and pillar of stability for many of our people..." HILLARY RODMAN CLINTON, Los Angeles Times, May 31, 1996, p.3

--------------------------------------…

Already more than a billion-people strong, Islam is the world’s fastest-growing religion. ABCNEWS, Abcnews.com

Muhammed is the most successful of all Prophets and religious personalities. " Encyclopedia Britannica

just go to youtube and type "Quran Scientific miracles " you will find a lot

Well, Believe In What You Want. Even Though I'm Catholic I Cannot Force You To Believe In Stuff You Don't Believe In. I Can Tell You Your Wrong, And I'm Right But In Actuality You've Already Professed You Don't Believe In It And You Think Its All Crap. If You Want To Believe In The Catholic Faith You Can Try And Learn More About It, There Is Only So Much A Catholic School Will Teach you About Their Church (i'm pretty damn sure you've never heard of the Ebionites or the Nazarenes) If You Choose To Defect The Only Thing I Can Say Is Don't End Up Like Some Skeptics In This World, Accept Everyone Who Agrees With You And Doesn't' Agree With It. Unlike Some People In This Website...

Firstly once you can understand what your getting into your not too young. Now with your questions.

1. Christians have varying belief-they worship God, some worship Jesus, others the holy Spirit and the Majority worship the Pope of Rome. Also there are some who worship Jesus, God and The Holy Spirit, all in one. Personally I think they are confused.

2. I don't think you have to be in any denomination, but if your not other Christians will condemn you and call you names; quite the hypocrites.

Tell me why are you converting to Christianity, cause am converting from it to simply being non-religious, so what is it that causes you to go into it? (contact me: dwa_campbell@yahoo.com)

• meg's

HOW TO FIND TRUE RELIGION

Are all religions pleasing to God, or is just one?

Jesus started one true Christian religion. So today there must be just one body, or group, of true worshipers of Jehovah God. (John 4:23, 24; Ephesians 4:4, 5) The Bible teaches that only a few people are on the narrow road to life.—Matthew 7:13, 14.

Why are there so many religions that claim to be Christian?

The Bible foretold that after the death of the apostles, wrong teachings and unchristian practices would slowly come into the Christian congregation. Men would draw away believers to follow them instead of Christ. (Matthew 7:15, 21-23; Acts 20:29, 30) That is why we see so many different religions that claim to be Christian. How can we identify true Christians?

How can you identify true Christians or true religion?

The most outstanding mark of true Christians is that they have real love among themselves. (John 13:34, 35) They are not taught to think that they are better than people of other races or skin color. Neither are they taught to hate people from other countries. (Acts 10:34, 35) So they do not share in wars. True Christians treat one another as brothers and sisters.—1 John 4:20, 21.

Another mark of true religion is that its members have a deep respect for the Bible. They accept it as the Word of God and believe what it says. (John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17) They treat God's Word as being more important than human ideas or customs. (Matthew 15:1-3, 7-9) They try to live by the Bible in their everyday life. So they do not preach one thing and then practice another.—Titus 1:15, 16.

True Christians love one another, respect the Bible, and preach about God's Kingdom

The true religion must also honor God's name. (Matthew 6:9) Jesus made God's name, Jehovah, known to others. True Christians must do the same. (John 17:6, 26; Romans 10:13, 14) Who are the people in your community that tell others about God's name?

True Christians must preach about God's Kingdom. Jesus did so. He always talked about the Kingdom. (Luke 8:1) He commanded his disciples to preach this same message in all the earth. (Matthew 24:14; 28:19, 20) True Christians believe that only God's Kingdom will bring true peace and security to this earth.—Psalm 146:3-5.

Jesus' disciples must be no part of this wicked world. (John 17:16) They do not get involved in the world's political affairs and social controversies. They avoid the harmful conduct, practices, and attitudes that are common in the world. (James 1:27; 4:4) Can you identify a religious group in your community that has these marks of true Christianity?

Source(s): www.watchtower.org

Any religion that has restrictions for you to join is corrupt. It's what you believe that makes you who you are, and nobody can take that away or deprive you of it. I think you are more concerned about if people will accept the "label of christianity" on you by your actions or your past. I think you can enter a religion by yourself at any time of day, as long as you truly believe in it. With that said, I don't think you should have to declare a specific denomination. You can simply be religious without even labeling yourself as a muslin or christian.

You are never to young to learn about Christianity or any other religion. You can call yourself whatever you want to call yourself. Even if you believe in 100 percent in what they say you don't have to label yourself as christian. If you want to detail what you believe and other things, then you can select a particular denimintation but that is by choice.

Hey honey. I think it's awesome that you're looking into becoming a Christian. And no, you're not too young at all. I don't know how much you know. But Christians worship Jesus Christ. Catholicism and other branches of Christianity are in many ways similar. The main differences in the many denominations are the politics and traditions that are involved. Also, there is separation in Christianity because of differences in beliefs which mainly revolve around topics that weren't specifically dealt with in the bible. All Christians (although there are disagreements) no matter what denomination worship God as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. All are co-existent and co-equal persons of God.

A brief history:

Christianity is based on the teachings and miracles of Jesus. Jesus Christ (or the messiah) came to this world, fulfilling the Old Testament laws and prophecies (of the Jews), died on the cross, and rose from the dead physically (ascending into heaven). He performed many miracles which were recorded in the Gospels by the eyewitnesses (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John). He is both 100% divine as well as 100% human (he has two natures). Jesus is both God and human. He came to this earth (as God incarnate or "God in flesh") to die for our sins. It is through his death that we have life (everlasting life after death). When Jesus was resurrected (rose from the dead), he appeared to his 12 disciples telling them to spread the Gospel (or good news) to all people. He then left the Holy Spirit to dwell within every believer. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. All of those who accept Jesus accept the Holy Spirit to dwell with them. The followers of Jesus spread the sayings and teachings of Jesus and it became quickly and widely known. They center message was that Jesus Christ came to save us and the only thing we have to do is repent from our sins and accept him as Lord over our lives.

My own story:

I've been a Christian ever since I could remember. Although I've always had a strong love for God, I'd always had a hard time understanding his nature (like most people). It wasn't until I had amazing experiences with God that actually made me believe what I had been told and taught about him. Those experiences mainly consisted of supernatural experiences that only God could fulfill. My gift (the Holy Spirit gives everyone unique gifts) from God was that of visions. I have very specific dreams that often come true. They first began when I was in the 10th grade. They have continued to this day. This has been the proof that has convicted me and made me know that God exists and is who Christians say he is.

How to become a Christian -Just say the following:

Jesus, I come to you just as I am. I was born a sinner, but I want to be a Christian! I want to be born again. I want to start my life all over again. Please forgive my sins. Lord Jesus, come into my heart and take over my life. I choose to make You Lord of my life. I put You in complete control. I believe in my heart that you died for my sins and that God raised you from the dead and I confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is my Lord! I am a Christian!

I hope I helped and cleared up some questions you may have had about Christianity. I also hope you continue your pursuit of God. I'll be rooting for you! Love you in Christ...

Sources:

http://jesuschrist.com/

http://www.allaboutgod.com/salvation-prayer.htm

http://www.godsoutreachministryint.org/RevivalEndT...

Bible verses:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." —John 3:16 (NIV)

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." —Romans 3:23 (NIV)

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." —Romans 5:8 (NIV)

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast." —Ephesians 2:8-9 (NIV)

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." —Revelation 3:20 (NIV)

"Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God." —John 1:12 (NIV)

"Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." —Romans 10:13 (NIV)

I just advise you one thing in Religions:

If you can live and control by yourself, you should go with Buddha's dogmas and live with it to get peace in mind and practise to escape yourself.

If you want some religion to rely on so as to live with a promise that you will be in Heaven, you can join in other religion that have a paradise. so that you can live happier.

Good day!