Letter of Explanation for a Mortgage Application?

I need a letter of explanation for an mortgage application regarding old medical bills I was unable to pay and have seance neglected to address. I found a few sites with sample letters but none regarding to medical bills. Any help or links would be greatly appreciated.

• rehan

Letter Of Explanation For Mortgage

Letter Of Explanation

Medical bills are the least important items when evaluating a borrowers credit. Just explain why you went to the doctors and did you have insurance or were you not covered at the time. Did you think insurance was paying and there was a big co-pay..

You Mortgage Loan Officer should help you with this letter.

No No. It is not that big of a deal. I am a mtg underwriter (12 yrs approving /denying loans). The U/W just needs and prefers a generic/signed letter from you as to reason behind collections to have in file--its protocol. All you have to write is you thought it was paid in full from your insurance company and were not aware it was on your credit report and this is the first time it was brought to your attention........ You will never get denied for medical collections since they are not factored into the decision since we all know of never ending discrepancies with medical billing. Just don't use a copied sample letter. That pisses us off that your too lazy to do it yourself.

Source(s): 12 yrs experience-

i had to write the same kind of letter.

i did not follow any form. i simply addressed the letter "to whom it may concern" followed by the explanation as to why they were there. i ended it with the good points on the credit report, such as other than medical every single other account has been in good standing for the life of the account.

Dear Loan Sharks,

Years ago, I got sick. I incurred medical expenses far in excess of what I could afford to pay. The medical condition was related to a matter that is not likely to occur again in the future.

'Nuff said.

Seturus a private loan provider corporation. they don't very own the internal maximum loan, so Chase could not have bought them the internal maximum loan. They provider the internal maximum loan for the owner. became Chase the owner? Is Chase nonetheless the owner? became Chase ever the owner or have been they a servicer too?