Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

Legally over time if a religion becomes a secular money making business should it be taxed?

Constitutionally legally over time if a religion in truth becomes a secular money making business should it not be taxed as such, more so since governments need the income?

Barometer Soup said, "Too many pastors flying around in jets, riding in limos, and too many monstrosity church buildings that go far beyond providing a place to worship and congregate. Tax em all."

Yes, does Matthew 6:24 sound like a religious leader might make money their real love?

NIV© "No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

NAS© "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth.

ISV© "No one can serve two masters, because either he will hate one and love the other, or be loyal to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and riches!"

GWT© "No one can serve two masters. He will hate the first master and love the second, or he will be devoted to the first and despise the second. You cannot serve God and wealth.

Definition of apostate NOUN: "One who has abandoned one's religious faith, a political party, one's principles, or a cause." If religions today have abandoned the Christian faith of Jesus time would that be a counterfeit Christian faith against God's law at Revelation 22:18,19? Counterfeit

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Counterfeiting is universally regarded as a criminal act and has been known to be attempted in very large amounts."

Definition of Real, real adjective (NOT FALSE) [before noun] not false; being what it appears to be; genuine real leather/fur, Is that a toy gun or the real thing? [before noun] UK approving (especially of foods) produced using traditional methods and without artificial substances The pub sells several kinds of real ale (= traditional beer). for real

informal real, not pretended I thought it was just a fire practice but apparently it was for real. (Definition of real adjective (NOT FALSE) from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary)

If it is a Counterfeit Illegal Business not a Genuine Religious Faith in love with money and power not God can it be taxed out of its illegal money making business since no one but the clergy benefit from it? Counterfeit or Genuine Question?

Favorite Answer

How's this for changing the subject? NO business EVER pays taxes. Their CUSTOMERS do. The business may write the check, but they are inherently incapable of paying taxes. Are tax code should recognize this FACT ans repeal all 'business' taxes. Under this plan, your question is moot.

What abortion is, is the wholesale slaughter of infants. And, yes...originally it was thought that only minorities would take advantage of legal abortions, because they were too poor and regularly had huge families on welfare. I can remember hearing people talking about how white, middle class people were too intelligent to get pregnant with babies they didn't want, it was the blacks who mostly used back alley abortionists, if it is legal, more of them will do it, and eventually they will abort themselves out of existence. It was true at the time that you rarely heard of a white middle class teenage pregnancy...but that quickly changed. Yeah, I know...stupid and bigotted, but remember, this was in the sixties, and lots of white folks were very upset about the civil rights movement. They felt that blacks ought to "know their place"... I would have been somewhere around thirteen or fourteen when this was going on... However, the thing backfired... There are more poor people on welfare than ever before, and it is true that the more kids you have the more money and the more food stamps you get. Yes, I know...stupid...but that's the way it is. Spend an afternoon in your local Human Resources Department, and you will quickly see what I am talking about. Now, there are abortion mills that make scads of money from the murders they commit, but I don't think that was the original intention. I honestly do think it was intended as a way to eliminate the poorer classes...especially blacks. No, I am not a racist or a bigot. I remember Martin Luther's dream...and I still share that dream. However, it is still quite a ways from coming true...

No way to draw the line. Are Scientology and Mormonism money makers? Personally, I think all revenue raised by churches that is not directly and immediately given to the poor, should be taxed. Too many pastors flying around in jets, riding in limos, and too many monstrosity church buildings that go far beyond providing a place to worship and congregate. Tax em all.