what do you know about Ethiopia?

what do you know about Ethiopia? or you know somebady from there?

Favorite Answer

Ethiopia was once called Abyssinia and was a great Christian civilization. It is the second oldest Christian state after Armenia. Muslims are forbidden to call Jihad on Ethiopia as one of its kings once granted asylum to Prophet Mohamed's (pbuh) followers whose lives were in danger in Saudi Arabia. Oh yeah, Ethiopia has had a long line of royalty, their last monarch, King Selassie's rule ended in the 1970s. Ethiopia is the only country in Africa to have never been colonized, but it was occupied for five years by Italy. Eritrea was once a part of Ethiopia.

Ethiopia is very diverse, with over 80 ethnic groups, most of them indigenous Ethiopians. This includes more dominant groups like the Amhara, Tigre, Oromo, Afar and many, many less dominant groups. Although they are similar, they all have distinct cultures and languages. However, the official or most widely spoken languages in Ethiopia are Amharic and Tigrinya. There are Jewish Ethiopians, descended from King Solomon and Queen Sheba. They look like most other Ethiopians. Most Ethiopians, however, are either Orthodox Christian or Muslim.

I know several things about Ethiopia but I'll stop here. I do know a few Ethiopians and my own great-grandfather was from there. But I'm mostly Somali.

• dave

this and much more at -

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world...

Unique among African countries, the ancient Ethiopian monarchy maintained its freedom from colonial rule with the exception of a short-lived Italian occupation from 1936-41. In 1974, a military junta, the Derg, deposed Emperor Haile SELASSIE (who had ruled since 1930) and established a socialist state. Torn by bloody coups, uprisings, wide-scale drought, and massive refugee problems, the regime was finally toppled in 1991 by a coalition of rebel forces, the Ethiopian People's Revolutionary Democratic Front (EPRDF). A constitution was adopted in 1994, and Ethiopia's first multiparty elections were held in 1995. A border war with Eritrea late in the 1990s ended with a peace treaty in December 2000. The Eritrea-Ethiopia Border Commission in November 2007 remotely demarcated the border by geographical coordinates, but final demarcation of the boundary on the ground is currently on hold because of Ethiopian objections to an international commission's finding requiring it to surrender territory considered sensitive to Ethiopia

Yes, I do. Some of my friends are Ethiopians & I really like injera with shuro. I like the music & the dance too. I know that coffee is first grown in Ethiopia & I like Ethiopian coffee.

That theres like 3 different kinds of ethiopians, maybe their like tribes iunno.

the amhari's or amharics i think those are the chrisitan kind. if you compare them with some of the other ethiopians they look different. Like the oromo's who are the majority muslim part of ethiopia oh the harari's are muslim too, and their sorta light skinned compared to the oromo's I guess.

I'm sorry their injera sucks *** its toooooooo wide and dry it looks like overly stretched pizza with no moisture.

Source(s): . my neighbourhood has alot of ethiopians.
  • .

um, actually, i am ethiopian, and i have a BUNCH of family back there. i have visited 3 times (i was born in america)

i love the food, the culture, oh and my dad owns a coffee business there, so drink up your buna!!

I know actually alot about the imperial family of Ethiopia, the Solomonic dyansty....um....how the Ark of the Covenant is supposed to be there, about Axum, Gondor...um...the battle of Adawa

lots of random things lool

Injera, wat, that honey wine i dunno what it's called.

I don't know any Ethiopians, I know some Eritreans tho :D

It's a very nice country! But I have never been there!

• Lalu 212...Kudos!!! Brava!!!

One Love !!!

---

• abn 7lal