Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Becoming a sportscaster?

i'm an 18 year old female and leave in February for the Marines. My passion is the boston red sox and all boston sports. celtics, pats, bruins, i love it. so anyways, i would love to someday work for our network out here, NESN as a sportscaster giving news about the team, talking to them, and things like that. which college courses would be the best to make myself as equipped for the job as possible? any help is greatly appreciated, thanks guys

THANK you d :)

Favorite Answer

College courses to take are those in journalism and communications.

• ?

First of all, you have to be photogenic. If so, get a Syracuse catalog and take as many of the communications courses similar to the catalog. Be prepared to develop a big brown nose and to walk away from any/all religious/ moral training. Above all, be in the right place at the right time.

Do you have ANY idea how many people would want this job? I mean literally millions of people would appply for this job, probably tens of thousands that are VERY over qualified for it. Im sorry but only 1 person gets this job, only 1 person gets to be that person & I just cant see the realistic chance of getting this job unless you either:

A. Sleep your way to the top (I wouldnt sugest degrading yourself this way)

or

B. Know the guy or have some very influential people know the guy who hires the person for this job...& even then it isnt a garuntee!