Where can I buy a decent electric guitar for around 200-300 dollars?

i want to get my boyfriend a guitar for Christmas but I can only find guitars that are like $2,000 dollars. i know there are guitars that are a lot cheaper but i don't know where to look.

thanks a bunch!

-Kimmmy.

Favorite Answer
  • Diana

I agree, get a Made In Mexico Strat or Tele. Mine was fantastic. I'll be getting a cheap Ibanez that I won in a contest next week sometime, so I'll know by then if it's a decent guitar or not. The better quality instrument you can get, the more you're going to enjoy playing.

IBanez Gio.

170-200$.

Sounds just great for a beginner.

Your best bet, you can't pick a guitar for someone, I've played guitar for years. Take him to the store with a Gift card, (guitar center) and let him have fun. :) That's the best way to let a person pick a guitar that feels right in their hands. Simple as that, DO NOT PICK A GUITAR FOR HIM.

I would suggest, Guitar Center. Best store ever!

Check and see if there is a guitar center around your area, but many best buys are selling guitars and drums now, check with your local best buys they have a lot of guitars for a good price, some of them may not carry them , but some do now, it is a newer thing they are doing . If you really are looking for a good deal maybe you could look on craigslist.org