What is the movie where a man travels across Georgia on a John Deere tractor to see his brother?

I remember seeing this movie almost ten years ago. It was a critically acclaimed movie, too. A man travels across Georgia (or maybe even other states too) on his John Deere tractor because his brother Lyle is sick. The man is this really old white guy with white hair and a white beard. I know this movie took place in the Southern United States. It's been bothering me for years trying to figure out what movie it is!!! Help!

Favorite Answer

The Straight Story (1999)

starring Richard Farnsworth, Harry Dean Stanton, Sissy Spacek, Everett McGill

IMDb synopsis:

Alvin Straight is an elderly man with a quiet life in a small country town. When his brother gets seriously ill, he decides to put away their differences and visit him after many years. So, alone he begins a long journey through hundreds of miles, just to see again his brother, even if it's the last thing he will ever do.

IMDb synopsis 2:

"The Straight Story" chronicles a trip made by 73-year-old Alvin Straight from Laurens, Iowa, to Mt. Zion, Wis., in 1994 while riding a lawn mower. The man undertook his strange journey to mend his relationship with his ill, estranged, 75-year-old brother Lyle.

Here's the movie trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OnsVDKjhpc

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=PlayList&p=D489C6B3338BD4EE&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=21

The Straight Story

I dont know what it is, but i guarantee i don't want to see it ever.