If you have read The Giver by Lois Lowry, please answer my question!?

I have to write an essay at to why she wrote The Giver. Please revise my first paragraph and add what you think is good to it! "Imperfections make me value the perfect, good thinks in life." Without the bad things, like death or pain, you can't really value joy because you have nothing to compare... show more I have to write an essay at to why she wrote The Giver. Please revise my first paragraph and add what you think is good to it!

"Imperfections make me value the perfect, good thinks in life." Without the bad things, like death or pain, you can't really value joy because you have nothing to compare it to. In The Giver, the author, Lois Lowry tells us why imperfections are important, and that in creating a false world, you take away everything that truly matters in life.

Please revise this and make any changes you think necessary.

My fave will get the 10 pts.
Update: The first sentence is a quote and it has to stay that way. Also, the last sentence is my theisis and has to include all the parts it has shown here.