U.S history questions! please help!?
1. the spoils system increased the presidents power by allowing them to do what?
2. goals/views of the second great awakening
3. why did jefferson send lewis and clark west?
4. which group was forcibly relocated during the "trail of tears"?
5. who were the warhawks and what did they want?
6. what's the significance of Marbury v.s Madison?
7. what territory did the u.s gain under the treaty of Guadeloupe?
8. what about the election of abraham lincoln to the presidency angered so many southerners?
9. what were the contributing factors that led to the start of the civil war?
10. what did eli whitney invent?
11. in what region of the us did Missouri compromise address the issue of slavery?
12. what territory did the missouri compromise address the issue of slavery?
13. what did the abolitionists want?
14. under popular sovereignty who would decide whether slavery would be allowed in a territory?
15. what was john browns goal at harpers ferry?
16. what is nat turner famous for?
17. which president was impeached during reconstruction?
18. when the war beings, what's Lincoln's main goal?
19. the north- which states, president, generals, capital city advantages
20. the south-which states president,generals, capital city, advantages?
21. which were the border states?
22. why the battle of Gettysburg turning point in war?
23. what was the significance of the battle of Vicksburg?
24. what did the supreme court decide in the Dred Scott decision?
25. provisions of reconstruction act of 1867
26. how did free-soilers view slavery and african americans?
27. what was the unions three part plan to conquer the south?
28. besides freeing slaves, how did the emancipation proclamation change the north's view of war?
29. farmers who have most of their harvest to the landowners in exchange for the use of land were called?
30. what was the aim of the total was as practiced by the union?
31. what did the radical republicans hope to achieve through reconstruction?
32. why were the reconstruction efforts resisted by most southerners?
33. who/what were carpetbaggers?
34. why did the federal government send union troops into the south?
35. what did the 13th 14th and 15th amendments say/do?
what was the significance of the union troops leaving the south as a result of the compromise of 1877?
use a word to describe Lincoln's original plan for reconstruction, which Johnson largely followed.
why did reconstruction fail?