Thoughts on Newsmax writing today that the best way to solve the Obama 'problem' is through a military coup?

There is a remote, although gaining, possibility America's military will intervene as a last resort to resolve the "Obama problem." Don't dismiss it as unrealistic.

America isn't the Third World. If a military coup does occur here it will be civilized. That it has never happened doesn't mean it wont. Describing what may be afoot is not to advocate it.

[...]

Will the day come when patriotic general and flag officers sit down with the president, or with those who control him, and work out the national equivalent of a "family intervention," with some form of limited, shared responsibility?

Imagine a bloodless coup to restore and defend the Constitution through an interim administration that would do the serious business of governing and defending the nation. Skilled, military-trained, nation-builders would replace accountability-challenged, radical-left commissars. Having bonded with his twin teleprompters, the president would be detailed for ceremonial speech-making.

Military intervention is what Obama's exponentially accelerating agenda for "fundamental change" toward a Marxist state is inviting upon America. A coup is not an ideal option, but Obama's radical ideal is not acceptable or reversible.

Unthinkable? Then think up an alternative, non-violent solution to the Obama problem. Just don't shrug and say, "We can always worry about that later."

In the 2008 election, that was the wistful, self-indulgent, indifferent reliance on abnegation of personal responsibility that has sunk the nation into this morass

Newsmax has pulled the article, but here is a copy anyway..

http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/pdf/news...

http://mediamatters.org/blog/200909300012

Media Matters didn't print it--Newsmax did and then pulled it...

Attacking the source in this case makes no sense.

Favorite Answer

First, what is the "Obama problem"?

Second, the author should beware that inciting insurrection could get one labeled as an enemy combatant, thrown in a navy brig for a couple of years without legal representation, and ultimately disappeared into a hole within a federal prison, thanks to Bush and the Patriot Act.

The article is absolutely assinine. Freedom of speech is one thing, but the author is very close to going over the line.

As others have mentioned, we've been doing this for a long time, all around the world. I'm more interested in why this keeps happening, even under Presidents for whom such activities seem totally out of character. The only common factor I can see is that our involvement seems to begin at a lower, non elected level. Our bureaucracy seems to be the instigators of these problems. This would go along with the notion that bureaucrats are characteristically small f fascists, as in dedicated to a strong leadership with obedience by the masses. So, when looking over foreign situations, they tend to look among fellow authoritarian types in that country, since they understand each other. Bureaucrats are by nature repelled by people seeking freedom and independence, as they tend to be unruly and unreliable in following orders, especially from foreigners. So, by the time a President hears of a situation, our bureaucrats have already made their picks and written the reports that the President will use to make his decision. In short, they have a built-in bias that Presidents persistently underestimate. The only cure for this that I can think of is to abolish the idea of civil service as a career. Anybody got a better idea?

John Farah of Media Matters is a well-known nutcase. This is not the first transgression which he pulled. Note his list of writers, including doomsday nut Hal Lindsay.

Media Matters is reliable. Disagreeing with them is one thing but I challenge any person to show where David Brock has printed any half-truths or lies since he woke up and left the neocon machine, where he was an attack dog for Bush 41 and Gingrich.

Our soldiers and generals are taught to uphold the Constitution. We don't have military coups here because the military is technically beneath even the average citizen. One coup was discussed, funded by Wall Street in 1932 and Marine Corps General Smedley Butler did his duty by informing President-elect FDR.

• T J

Would have been a more creditable story about 8 years ago (but with a different name of course)

IF you think there is an "Obama problem" it can be CONSTITUTIONALLY corrected at the next general election. After the mess that the last GOP administration created, I'm betting that won't happen tho'.

OMFG did they really print that???

I'm sure one well placed phone call to their $400/hour attorneys got them to see the error of their ways, but just that this is their thought process....

I hate to say anything about the race card (since it's thrown around so much) but have these people really gone barking MAD since we've elected a HALF BLACK president? Where the F**K where they when Bush was in office?

• a k

"Obey the orders of the officers appointed over me." If anyone has a problem with their oath, please let me know, I'll make sure it gets handled properly.

-US Army CPT

230+ years of a solid democracy and some are willing to throw it away just because they lost an election . . . Don't like our democratic system? Then get the f** out.

• Bryan

If the article was real (not saying it is or isn't, I just don't trust Media Matters to be an unbiased source) I would say that it comes very close to falling under the label of promoting sedition. We have redress in this country to deal with leaders who must be removed from office for the good of the nation. Military coup would be unconstitutional and the fact that it would even be proposed stands in opposition to any belief in Constitutional government.

I have to agree with the answerer that said that MediaMatters is a far-left attack dog.

NewsMax is as far right as you can get. I've actually seen them call RUSH a liberal panzy!!!

Neither of them has a reputation for accurate reporting.

Ignore both - and actually, if you even HEAR that they reported that the sun rose this morning, go outside to confirm, and then if it truly has, just say that it was a lucky guess on their part.

Source(s): Both suck!

It would not be a bloodless coup believe me .

Media Matters is a far-left attack dog. Nothing it prints can be trusted.