Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

How can I get a better accent?

This is me reading from a book(I know I'm kind of whispering but I just felt really stupid and I didn't want anyone to hear me):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLnCklTRGWI

Can you understand me? Where do you think I'm from? And what can I improve on? thank you for answering! :D

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yuk! what a twee text!

Anyway.

I dunno whether u said: "He alWays felt" or "He AlVays felt" (Finnish and German people trend to say "V" instead of "W").

I think you said "V", BUT you did only once, when you said "Always" so...??? I'm not too sure.

Also, both you "R" and the way you pronounce diptongues (for example: /ā/, /ī/ ) sound like those pronounced in romance languages (such as portugese and spanish).

Therefore, I'd go 4 some kinda of romance language since there are more characteristics form those (your R and you diptongues) than from any other kind of caucasian language.

PS. Why should you feel stupid? I'm almost sure those around you don't speak more than one language. Very good pronunciation! (I couldn't recognize any accent AT FIRST)

Source(s): I guess... But you'll may be prefer a Native speaker's answer, not true?
  • 5 years ago

Yeah. I Am Australian But Live In London But Me And My Friends Talk In American Accents So I Have A Really Strange Accents. Lol. I Can Do A Good Scottish Accent But My Friend Can Do An Amazing Russian One Lol.

• 1 decade ago

elocution lessons and try mimicking and softening your voice. Pronounce your words more and open your mouth properly to speak and shape the consonants and vowels

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.