After 10yrs and numerous bouts of instruction, my husband is still unable to make a decent cup of tea?

Is it time to throw in the towel? What part of nice and strong, one sugar, hardly any milk is so difficult to get right? 10 yrs without a decent cup of tea unless I do it myself!

Update:

Of course I wouldn't really divorce him for this but, I have shown him how I like my tea, not in a nagging way but having a laugh about it and he still gets it wrong.

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I have my tea the same as yours (minus the sugar) - I only ever trust myself to make it. People always dunk the teabag in once or twice and that's it! It's like drinking hot water! What part of "leave the teabag in please" is too hard to understand??

• Clare
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Your question made me smile! I'm a bit fussy about how I like my tea, and even though my husband can make a nice cuppa, he doesn't do it as well as me!

I've kind of given up now, and look forward to those moments when I'm in on my own, and I can make a tea how I like it, and drink it in peace!

• 1 decade ago

15 years on, and my hubby still can't put his toothbrush back in it's holder, and nor can he fold his towel properly and put it on towel rail to dry.

But he's amazing in other ways, so it kind of outweighs the negatives.

And of course, it helps that i'm not a tea or a coffee drinker so i don't have that added stress of him not making the perfect cuppa lol! ;o)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I suspect (and hope) that you don't seriously mean you're thinking of ending your marriage just because your husband can't make your tea how you like it...

No-one's perfect you know

In your defence, however, I can't help wondering if he is far from unable to do it, but very unwilling

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • toosh
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

he may be doing it on purpose to p you off and get out of making it anymore. so start acting like it is the best cup of tea you have ever had and you are so glad he has learnt, how you like it he can make it even more.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's not him it's the cheap teabags that you buy.Did you realise that in a recent survey, it was found that men who make a good cup of tea are generally lousy in bed

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Tea huh?? Okay...does he work hard to support you? Does he love you? Is he true to you? Does he do other things around the house?

If you answer 'yes' to my questions, after 10 years of marriage, become a coffee drinker, or can he not make that either?

Count your lucky stars.

• 1 decade ago

I bet there are some things that he is good at that you are not! You make the tea and make him wash up afterwards!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My ex used to always complain I couldn't make coffee. We are divorced. lol

no seriously, if he can't do it...just make it yourself. Will save the let downs for something more worth being let down about. :)

Source(s): life experience
  • 1 decade ago

Write it on a sticky note and put it on the cabinet or something!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.