I can't think of the title of the movie. But I know a few scenes.?

Does someone know what movie I'm trying to remember?

One scene was that the "King Insect" lava dude stabbed a man's head and sucked out his brain.

Another was when a flying insect grabbed a man out of an army on route to somewhere. The general then took a sniper and killed the soldier about to get torn apart by the creature.

The last I remember was that the whole thing was resolved by a bomb in the insect hive.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Starship Troopers (1997)

starring Casper Van Dien, Dina Meyer, Denise Richards, Jake Busey, Neil Patrick Harris, Clancy Brown, Patrick Muldoon, Michael Ironside, Rue McClanahan

IMDb synopsis:

In this tale set on the future Earth, Johnny Rico is a young student dating a girl named Carmen. When Carmen decides to join the military in order to become a class citizen (citizenship is only achieved through serving your country), Johnny follows and joins as well. He soon realizes that he joined for the wrong reasons, bu,t just as he is about to quit, an asteroid that originated from the orbit of planet Klendathu hits Buenos Aires, his hometown. Johnny and his fellow troopers set out to destroy the planet's inhabitants: deadly, huge insects.

Here's the movie trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6LtmRmS31s

Youtube thumbnail