Any quick and easy no bake chinese dessert ideas?
I need to have a chinese dessert recipe by Saturday October 3rd. Because its still very hot down here in Arizona and I'm making it at someone else's house, it should be no bake. It MUST be a CHINESE DESSERT!!!! Any ideas??!!!
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Mango pudding. It's a popular dim sum desert.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours, 00 minutes
* 2 envelopes (1 tablespoon) unflavored gelatin
* 3/4 cup (175 mL) sugar
* 1 cup (250 mL) hot water
* 3 cups (750 mL) pureed fresh mangoes
* 1 cup (250 mL) 2 percent evaporated milk
* 8 ice cubes
* lime wedges, optional
* fresh mango slices for garnish, optional
1.Add gelatin and sugar to hot water and mix until dissolved and smooth.
2.In large bowl, mix mango puree, evaporated milk and ice cubes.
3.Pour gelatin mixture into mango mixture and stir until ice cubes are melted.
4.Pour mixture into jelly mould and chill until set, at least 3 hours.
5.To serve, dip jelly mould briefly in hot water then turn pudding out onto platter. Squeeze on some lime juice, garnish with mango slices if desired and serve. (Best eaten within a day). Serves 8.
- sam56sgLv 61 decade ago
Why not try this chinese dessert,
Almond float is a refreshing dessert that can be served with canned or fresh fruit.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 envelope unflavored gelatin, such as Knox
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 cup boiling water
2 teaspoons almond extract, as desired*
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup cold water
1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail with syrup*
1. In a medium bowl, combine the gelatin and the sugar, stirring to mix well.
2. Pour the boiling water over the gelatin/sugar mixture, and stir until completely dissolved.
3. Stir in the almond extract, evaporated milk, and the cold water, mixing well.
4. Pour the gelatin into a bowl or serving mold if desired. Chill until firm.
5. To serve, cut the gelatin into 1-inch squares or diamonds and serve with the canned fruit and the syrup from the can. The almond float may be prepared in advance and refrigerated (not frozen) until ready to serve. Serves 4 to 6.
- CynthiaLv 44 years ago
How about and Easy lemon pasta with chicken. I made this before its yummy and very easy. Ingredients * 1 pound dried penne * 2 chicken cutlets, cut into fingers * Salt and freshly ground black pepper * 3 cloves garlic, sliced * 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes * 3 tablespoons olive oil * 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley, for garnish * 2 lemons, juiced * 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Directions Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, until al dente. Drain well. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large grill pan over medium high and add chicken. Grill until golden and completely cooked. Remove to a plate and slice. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes to a saute pan with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and saute until fragrant. Add the cooked pasta and turn heat off. Mix all together. Remove pasta to a large bowl. Add chicken to the warm pasta and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle in chopped parsley. Add the juice of 2 lemons and mix. Before serving top with Parmesan.
- 1 decade ago
serve almond jello with almond cookie and some ice cold tinned lychee
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- ?Lv 61 decade ago