Dadgummit. Can someone tell me where 1.7 INCHES is on an 8th marked 12 inch ruler?

where would the 1.7'' mark be on a regular 8ths-mark ruler (meaning there are 8 equally spaced marks that would make up an inch, like so:http://www.makeuseof.com/dir/wp-content/uploads/20... <<<==the bottom inches side).

i have an 8th marked ruler and a 16th marked ruler

So can someone tell me exactly where that mark would be? I'm having trouble with this... Thanks.

Hmmm.... i see... Thanks yall. i really appreciate it. I suck at math.

Best Answer

Each mark is an eighth, so we need to make a proportion of .7 (or 7/10) to (1/8)

(7/10) = (x/8)

10x = 56

x = 5.6

So it will be a little over half way between

1 5/8"

and

1 6/8"

• Bobby

Obviously between 1 and 2 inches. 7 tenths of an inch would be 0.7 X 16 sixteenths.

That is 11.2 sixteenths. Therefore look for a point slightly after 1 inch and 11 sixteenths.

1.7 Inches On A Ruler

• Edith

I don't think you have anything to worry about. She sounds really sweet just from reading what you've written about her and it might have been awkward to hear something like that, but she probably thought it was better for you to know and to get it all out in the open rather than keep it a secret and make it look like she was hiding something. Just be thankful that she trusts you with the information Ask yourself, is this going to effect me in the next few years? Well, no, probably not since she loves you enough to marry and spend the rest of her life with you. So take it for what it's worth and learn to laugh it off with her. Good Luck!

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avpA2

I think couples need to be careful sharing too much information about their sexual past... your girlfriend definitely crossed the line. I've been there. My fiance is very open and for a time period gave me too many details about his past. I had a very frank discussion with him about it and he respects my boundaries now. I totally understand that you are disturbed with this information, but do try to get over it. To be perfectly honest a 12 incher is a curse. I don't know a single woman who honestly wants that. I've been there, and NO THANK YOU! Bear in mind that this relationship is long in the past and the reasoning behind their breakup is just one of many possible deal-breaker issues. For instance, if she said she broke up with a guy because he was an alcoholic, but otherwise they got along great. Would you be upset at that scenario? I think you are just sensitive to this particular issue because it involves another man's sexual organ, which I totally understand - I would have an emotional response too. Just try to be rational and move on.

it would be approx half way between 1 5/8" and 1 6/8"